Long Stock Picks for 6-14-10

Here are a few tech/fundamental stock picks that look good long coming into Monday. They can be traded outright with one's own overall equity trading methodology. But they also can function as an "indicator" ... watching them intraday from the open and into the trading session to get a potential "leading" indicator for what the overall market indices may be doing - where they're headed, up or down. In other words, if the majority of these picks are lackluster or breaking down, then that should reflect on what the overall market indices are and should be doing as well. Anyway, here they are:

SNDK
CMG
BIDU
CRUS
SHW
VMW
NFLX - only on a pullback
AKAM - only on a pullback
CREE?
FFIV?
AVB?

Hope this is useful to all. Take a look at their daily charts ... going at least 6 months back and looking at the past day to few day's price action ... and relating that also to the SP-500 from a relative strength perspective. You'll see patterns there I think.

MM
This ain't about "horn tootin'" ... just about what I use and incorporate into my analysis of the markets every day. I'm primarily a stock picker and day/swing trade 'em ... along with some ES trading along the way. And yes, the market has been moving up (the old rising tide ... all ships thingy). But look at the nominal dollar amount and especially percent upmoves in the picks I had coming into 6-14 ... and how they moved and performed within just a couple of days. If trading 'em, long then great! But don't forget my primary point that if good LONG setups are performing well intraday ... it offers some good "internals" for INDEX trading based upon what I've described with how the group of stocks unfold intraday. Hope someone made some coin with at least that idea or on the stocks themselves.

THIS IS MY EDGE when trading the ES ... for scalping primarily ... while tracking the TICK indicator and the /NQ and /YM ... and watching where the S/R levels are on my ES chart.

And I don't trade the ES outright much (more SPY with options) ... it has at least put just a tad more pocket change in my worn denim Levis when things unfold in a way that makes sense to me with the stock picks (vs. all of the ES vendor s#!+ out there). Also, as I've mentioned before, I use Trade-Ideas basic real time ticker scans as an indicator based on the number and velocity of new intraday highs vs. new intraday lows. Just offering out more info fwiw ... hope it's useful. I'm just a blue collar working man trader!!!
Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

Here are a few tech/fundamental stock picks that look good long coming into Monday. They can be traded outright with one's own overall equity trading methodology. But they also can function as an "indicator" ... watching them intraday from the open and into the trading session to get a potential "leading" indicator for what the overall market indices may be doing - where they're headed, up or down. In other words, if the majority of these picks are lackluster or breaking down, then that should reflect on what the overall market indices are and should be doing as well. Anyway, here they are:

SNDK
CMG
BIDU
CRUS
SHW
VMW
NFLX - only on a pullback
AKAM - only on a pullback
CREE?
FFIV?
AVB?

Hope this is useful to all. Take a look at their daily charts ... going at least 6 months back and looking at the past day to few day's price action ... and relating that also to the SP-500 from a relative strength perspective. You'll see patterns there I think.

MM