Es short term trading 6-14-10

set to gap up into key 95.....in general I have a short overal bias for today
took 2 off at 97.5
Possible kools short term peak up here
i have a stop at 1100 and i'm letting this last contract run..i have to go.. good trading all
according to the DAT or whatever..this needs to go lower. im thinking the 3 o clock might push it down to 85 area.
Bruce I'm trying to build my trading around your rat levels and your DAR projections. The main problem I'm having is where to put my stops.

i.e. i went short at 93.75 RAT expecting 85 before close, where should I put my stop?

Got any ideas on how I can figure that out? I don't want to set a definite arbitrary number unless I have to.
good work feng, you got your 85, did you hang in there??
Originally posted by chrisp

good work feng, you got your 85, did you hang in there??

no i exited at around 86 because i got 1 ticked and it was 10 min before close and it usually doesnt close at a low or high of day.

also i need to mention im just experimenting and this is on SIM only.
Hi Feng, what do you mean by RAT? Where can i read about this? Thanks.
Originally posted by lip411

Hi Feng, what do you mean by RAT? Where can i read about this? Thanks.

Bruce's ratchet levels. Check older posts. I can't be bothered to look them up.
ok thanks, Feng. i'll try to find Bruce's posts. Sorry for
bothering you.
Originally posted by BruceM

I trade mostly by the shape of the profile and what I expect to happen...so fixed stops aren't for me either. How about studying how often we penetrate consecutive RATs without retracing RATS...

In other words, How often do we rally 5 or 6 Rats in a row before we retrace 2 RATS....? Perhaps an idea for further reseacrh...Look at the 25 point increments...We've rallied form roughly the 1050 RAT to the 1100 RAT...will we trade a third Major RAT before we retrace one RAT back to 75..? I don't know but I'm throwing out the concept..

I'm rambling....Feng...will you risk One RAT to make two rats...will you sell the 93.75 to get it down to 81.25 and risk trade back to 1100 RAt...risk one RAT to make two rats...? How often will you be right....How about the HOUR closes..probably more powerful then the 30 minute..?

If I had the time I'd teach you my concept of trennd changes but it would take time that I don't have right now...

Summers coming and air pockets will start to get filled in even more so that concept of risking 10points or 3 times the size of the air pocket may offer good results...

Lets catch up again on this...tell me your basic premise with your method when u have time
Originally posted by feng456

Bruce I'm trying to build my trading around your rat levels and your DAR projections. The main problem I'm having is where to put my stops.

i.e. i went short at 93.75 RAT expecting 85 before close, where should I put my stop?

Got any ideas on how I can figure that out? I don't want to set a definite arbitrary number unless I have to.

To simplify all that, basically find whatever works...

but i don wanna! *whiney voice