ES short term trading 6-29-10

LOL well, i going to start out with a big essay on why i thought we'd see a surprisingly large down move today but the market has frontrunned me again!....
Click image for original size
not convinced of that Phileo..of the trend day...I just take what is given...I'm a fader so I don't take the trends....so I'll be selling to you at higher prices...I hope...LOL...and they still need to print my 56 - 57 area....don't they? Too much, Too soon....summer is here so trends will even be further and farther between...
Got a small bounce from 1044, but it would seem she wants 1048 where i'll be waiting
in my world they wouldn't have broken the high of that inside 30 minute bar so easy......it's always a trend until the day ends....lots of mini trends in between....

with all that said I do appreciate the heads up phileo and it makes logical sense what you say about vwap etc
that 46 was also the single prints so IF the sellers are gonna step up then this zone you guys are mentioning would be the place to do it
below 41 breaks the low of that low range 15 minute bar...triples are IN that bar too...so that is area of potential support to me..
Originally posted by phileo

1048 is a 10pt bounce from the lows, and still does not reach the selloff starting from 1049.

1046.5 was prior swing low before the econ.rpt. It then became resistance, as price tagged it and failed at 710am (PST).

We have not had a single +ve TICK extreme all session, and TICK has been spending way more time below 0 than above it, although I see now some short covering spiking up the TICK

I put a limit sell 1047 but could not get filled.
Tough to pinpoint the exact entry.
But the 1047 short was good for 3pts., at least confirming my thesis of resistance in that area.

I think it's going to try to establish a new VA 1042-1048
so what is your take on the $tick now Phileo...they mess me up still...seems to be trying to form a trend channel up...but we'd need to see constitent readings up at 700 or so to change this quickly to up...

you had a great entry there with those high plus 1000 ticks for your short...well done

1048 is a 10pt bounce from the lows, and still does not reach the selloff starting from 1049.

1046.5 was prior swing low before the econ.rpt. It then became resistance, as price tagged it and failed at 710am (PST).

We have not had a single +ve TICK extreme all session, and TICK has been spending way more time below 0 than above it, although I see now some short covering spiking up the TICK

But the 1047 short was good for 3pts., at least confirming my thesis of resistance in that area.

putting my money where my mouth is, long 1042.5, target 1045, 1.5pt stop

putting my money where my mouth is, long 1042.5, target 1045, 1.5pt stop

out 1043.75, locking in +1.25pts just in case I'm wrong !!
that 41 - 45 will be played with on breaks...buys above and sells below...stop and reverse traders..
LOL.. I know what you mean Bruce... if i had the guts to hold on my 1074.25 short from last nite id be rich! But thats ok, i'll take my nickles and dimes as long as im taking and not giving. Fwiw, after abottom here or more likely soon tomorrow the gann day today was supposed to be a low, and longer term i expect a rebound into friday, giving bulls false hope, but we;ll see. God,
if only i could have gotten that 1048.00 short(i think the market stalled at 1047.25 or .50 ) i would have held for at least 41. That would have been sweet, but i guess theres always tomorrow!