Potential Long Stock Plays for 7-30

If the mkt sells down or is weak (or gaps up and chops), then these should likely be avoided. But they also can be, with each showing a decent and good long trading SETUP, a way to see inside the mkt for weakness or strength, based on their initial performance (and throughout the trading session) if trading the ES.

CRUS
FFIV
APKT
VMW
AZO (may need a day or 2 pullback/consolidation ... but moves with ES)
CRM

ISLN?
NTSC?

Hope some find this useful/helpful in some way for Friday's trading!

MM
I might be really wrong, but i feel many stocks were near the end of uptrend. Lot of bear divergence in weekly
"The trade setup we have right now going into the final trading hours of July is to go long today’s weakness for a “1st day of the month” jump. While historical studies haven’t been useful of late, it is clear there is an substantial upside edge from doing so especially following this week’s consolidation. As you know, there are never guarantees in the market only higher percentage setups than others and this happens to be one of them. So, the more weakness we see today, the better in order to take profits in short sells and to increase the long positions. At least’s that’s my plan." from Kirkreport. Hope it help.
Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

If the mkt sells down or is weak (or gaps up and chops), then these should likely be avoided. But they also can be, with each showing a decent and good long trading SETUP, a way to see inside the mkt for weakness or strength, based on their initial performance (and throughout the trading session) if trading the ES.

CRUS
FFIV
APKT
VMW
AZO (may need a day or 2 pullback/consolidation ... but moves with ES
CRM

ISLN?
NTSC?

Hope some find this useful/helpful in some way for Friday's trading!

MM

Thought I'd follow up on these picks ... with 5-minute charts to offer a sense of price action along with the ES.

When the mkt. gaps down and shows a beginning of a rally … and ES shows strength and follow-through early on … these stock picks are high probability trades from the long side and usually for a decent percentage or nice point(s) move up.

Entry on each individual stock is always going to be based upon price action of that stock on its open. At this point it’s a trader’s own “read” and analysis as to where to enter or pass on the trade (or re-enter).

For us stock traders, scaling in with a 100 or few 100 shares at a time can help with providing a better average price entry and also offer enough size to subsequently scale out. It depends upon the stock. Maybe the initial buy is 1000 shares and subsequent buy 3000 shares etc. … and peeling out of the trade is simply the read on how far the stock has moved and what the indices are doing along with other indicators ($TICK etc.).

Anyway, today was a day for some good rides on the posted stocks. Here's some pictures for thought. Hope some find this useful!!
Click image for original size
apkt 5min 73010

azo 5min 73010

crm 5min 73010

crus 5min 73010

ffiv 5min 73010

vmw 5min 73010
And I'd invite anyone to go back and review a daily chart showing maybe 6 months or so ... and especially focusing on the recent pattern / price-activity "picture" (and volume) for these stocks. They just simply looked good as LONG picks. And most of 'em still do. But they're only to be played if the overall mkt. is rallying, bouncing, or moving up on a particular day like today with a gap down that rallied.
MM, Thanks for taking the time to make this post in so much detail. Much appreciated.

Hari

Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

And I'd invite anyone to go back and review a daily chart showing maybe 6 months or so ... and especially focusing on the recent pattern / price-activity "picture" (and volume) for these stocks. They just simply looked good as LONG picks. And most of 'em still do. But there only to be played if the overall mkt. is rallying, bouncing, or moving up on a particular day like today with a gap down that rallied.
Those long picks Rocked the house MM !!!