ES Short Term Trading 8-2-2010

Range Based S/R for Monday August 2.

R1 = 1108.50
S1 = 1078.50
R2 = 1113.50
S2 = 1073.50

Steenbarger Pivot = 1095.875
Check the volume profile on this action. Volume down in the 1111-1112 area when price was struggling to break VWAP.

Click image for original size
footprint 8022010a
added at hour break out...all smaller today though!
need to really stay under 18.50 ...volume building there...
a bit longer then I'd like and that volume at the 18.50 is a concern..trying to take something off at 17 even as that was original entry
air pocket at 17.25 but this consolidation above that high makes holding this difficult...nothingto stop new volume surges at new highs.....I would have expected sellers to show up so the longer it takes the more the high price seems to be accepted...in theory
one of the reasons I have additional conflicts is that we are only 5 points from the open to the highs and we have been trading for 90 minutes! so lets not get too bullish yet!!! not many fresh RTH buyers so far...all buying in ON
I hear what you are saying.

The old saying goes....consolidation usually means continuation.

Originally posted by BruceM

one of the reasons I have additional conflicts is that we are only 5 points from the open to the highs and we have been trading for 90 minutes! so lets not get too bullish yet!!! not many fresh RTH buyers so far...all buying in ON
I'm staying short though....to get my 17..hopefully..are $ticks breaking down a bit or is it just wishful thinking on my part...?
hehe...I think its wishful thinking.

And TRIN is ridiculously low...

Originally posted by BruceM

I'm staying short though....to get my 17..hopefully..are $ticks breaking down a bit or is it just wishful thinking on my part...?
I lightened some of this at 18...still holding 4 but need to avoid a big loss if they run it out the highs now
you freakin asshole.. if you follow my work at all i explain it as i go.. i basically call turns all day long ..in advance not after the fact! and have for 2 years. The gross misinterpetation of my work is areflection of your jealousy and /or ignorance. Its because of idiot replies like this that im thru with mypivots!