ES short term trading 8-6-10

not too impressive...all that waiting for that

14.75 will be the number I'm watching , then the 1108 -1110 zone....waiting for day session

Hey MM...what is your plan...? do u exit at RTH open or wait
here is a chart I just did while watching my 16 month old ....it shows from a conceptual concept just how "air" works and how these smaller time frame pushes really make the air. meaning that the buying and selling surges happen faily quickly even when you see air on longer time frames like the 5 or 30 minute it usually happens in very short INITIAL spurts...

It usually happens at a precise point and quickly.....hopefully this explains a bit for those who want to know the "why" of things...you can confirm the BEST pushes by the vertical volume in the lower pane..

many have Market delta and other goodies which help spot these without all this visual stuff...but here is how to see them for those who don't
Click image for original size
coolhow
so far equidistant......same amount of range above and below open....

only 4 points below the open so I wouldn't get too bearish yet...the neutral traders will want it back to the 1012 area as long as new lows don't come now...that is open and 50 % on the day....makes sense..

volume is kaput now!!....
Trying to see something positive, or at least keep my head from being ripped off here.
This could possibly be the end of a larger wave B of the upward C wave ( doesn't have to be since 1116 the minimum for completion.). 1115/6 would have to break and hold. It's a Friday before a fed meeting . Gann permanent dates are the 8th/9th for a high or low, or dramatic news.
Light summer Friday.
PPT would buy futures, not stocks.
Just some thoughts here. A break lower will not be pretty.Lower chart has brown line target for lower break.
Last charts of the day for me.(yeah, I know)
es 09 10 862010 60 min5

es 09 10 862010 60 min10
Hi Bruce,

Here is a 15 min chart, I entered long from 1105.25, sold 1, have another with a target of 1110 or more.

15 min 0806
so often it seems like there are conflicts between the longer term and short term traders......reason I bring it up is because we have that HV node from merged profiles at 08 - 10 that basically did nothing to hold price up TODAY...monday it held it up perfectly...

so will the longer term traders hold it below there or will the short term traders win to get it back to 1012...glad I'm on baby patrol and it's luchtime...good luck if your playing this..
Looking at the 2 min and 5 min closely, I may get out a little earlier, :)

Originally posted by BruceM

so often it seems like there are conflicts between the longer term and short term traders......reason I bring it up is because we have that HV node from merged profiles at 08 - 10 that basically did nothing to hold price up TODAY...monday it held it up perfectly...

so will the longer term traders hold it below there or will the short term traders win to get it back to 1012...glad I'm on baby patrol and it's luchtime...good luck if your playing this..
Out at 1109, :)

Originally posted by NIGEL68

Looking at the 2 min and 5 min closely, I may get out a little earlier, :)

Originally posted by BruceM

Nice buy Nigel...

Here are the Bigger volume attractors I see..just for reference

Triples above the 1108 number
FWIW 1104 area is a 61.8% retrace from last Friday RTH Low, 90.25 to this weeks RTH H of 1126, the 90.25 was also a 61.8 retrace.... food for thought
I took that last loss at 16.25...it's one thing having losses, it's another having them on Friday...and many times posting trades makes the losses seem worse but they are what they are........

always something to learn the hints where there down when POC flipped...just didn't respond well...at least we have some good numbers from today