Good strategies for beginners?

Hi everyone!

I read in another thread that it's a good idea for a beginning futures day trader to choose one simple strategy and learn it inside out. Does anyone have a straightforward system they could recommend to learn and practice?

Or could someone point me to a good source or website to start reading? There is quite a bit of information out there and a big challenge will be just trying to make heads or tails of it. I think the best approach for my learning at this stage is to find a basic starting point from which I can slowly plow forward.

Thanks!

Marcus

I have to admit this 80% came from the top of my head, and I don't have the time to research what this figure is at this time.

For those still trading stocks, it is not only HFT and its fraudulent practices which is the problem, but also (and may-be mostly) sub-pennying / dark-pools / and sold order-flow.

Talking about sold order-flow, I opened last week an account at Robbins Trading (clearing: Dorman) for the 2013 World-Cup. Even though this is a futures account, I had to sign a waiver specific to that selling of order-flow practice ... how can this be even legal, is beyond me - but the fact is, those who profit from it, do so through computers.

Bruce, I do not criticize successful discretionary traders ... what I am just saying is, a retail trader starting in this industry has far less chances at becoming a successful discretionary trader than he would have to become a renowned artist. Of course, with enough talent, patience, time, money & effort, a minority succeeds at it.
I think you are correct about wanting to start basic and go from there. Do you know what market you want to trade? What time frame do you have to trade? Personally if I were starting again.. I would focus on the emini SP and only trade the first 1.5 hours of the day session. This is from 9:30 ET - 11:00 ET. Really you will focus on the 10-11 time frame. There are some good basic strategies that will give you a good foundation to start from. there is a 30 min range that you can trade breakouts of that range or reversals and a 60 min range that you can trade breakouts and reversals. that gives you one basic setup with three outcomes. Trade the breakout, Trade the reversal, do not trade. Pretty simple, but it is effective.
You can search about 30 minute opening range and 60 minute opening range trades. I also go here to look at chart commentary on the strategy.
http://trade-emini-simple-as-123.blogspot.com/
I think you are right in terms of starting and mastering with one and then moving forward. I have seen some of experienced traders are successful because they apply different strategies based on the market and other condition. They can do it, because they have mastered more than one single strategy. So I think yes if you want to make a living out of trading in the long run you gotta master few different strategies and know when to apply them.

As for me I am still learning like you.
Originally posted by marcush

Hi everyone!

I read in another thread that it's a good idea for a beginning futures day trader to choose one simple strategy and learn it inside out. Does anyone have a straightforward system they could recommend to learn and practice?

Or could someone point me to a good source or website to start reading? There is quite a bit of information out there and a big challenge will be just trying to make heads or tails of it. I think the best approach for my learning at this stage is to find a basic starting point from which I can slowly plow forward.

Thanks!

Marcus

Marcus, one of the best sources to learn about day trading is to learn pattern recognition. This is best and true price action. check this out: http://www.surinotes.com/
Hello Everyone!

All you have to do just educate yourself with basic knowledge and start a trading career with demo account. Follow consistent methodology, determine entry and exit point, use low trade volume and take minimum loos risk.
Im Mr. Sedurifa and as a beginner I also want to learn about trading futures. I've done a lot of things,research,demo's and still cant get it.
"Majority of people hesitate to invest in the stock market. While there are some innovative tools and platforms for trading it is an undeniable fact that time-proven tips are important to be a successful stock trader. If you are looking for something like this, here are nine tips related to the stock market for beginners that will definitely help you.

Decide whether you want to be a trader or an investor
You should clearly understand the difference between trader and investor.

Understand the basics of the stock market
Get the basic idea of NSE, BSE, and Nifty

Select a stockbroker
Out of the several stockbrokers, selections might be difficult for beginners. Ideally, a full-service stockbroker is a good choice for beginners as he will provide complete guidance.

Use stop loss on every trade
A stop-loss will help you reduce your losses by allowing you to select a price at which your position will be automatically squared off

Understand the different types of orders
Most stockbrokers now allow different types of trade orders. Some of the common types are Normal, Margin Intraday Squareup, Stop Loss, Bracket Order, Cover Order, and Limit Order.

"
While investing it is better to take small yet smart steps to invest properly. This is especially better for investors who have just started learning to invest. Smart strategy and patience are the keys to success. It can be tempting to invest due to the huge returns that the market gives. However, it has never been easy to invest. Because putting money in the stock market is all about the right time and right stock. Consider these points when you want to invest Have a reason - Understand the purpose behind investing. This will help you have concrete goals. Most people invest to have retirement money. Limit what you invest - You should invest only a certain amount that you do not need in the next five years. Limit your trades - If you are an active intraday trader, do not use more than 10% of your portfolio.
If you are in the stock market and you are a beginner then you should be more focused and active in the market because there are many experienced people who have a lot of competition.

I mentioned here some strategies that should you must focus on it:

dos
Start with little capital in the beginning days.
Utilize a demo trading account to improve trade precision.
Continuously have a stop loss and target cost earlier to setting an exchange.
Get specialized and central research on the off chance that you need to be a stock trader/financial backer.
Broaden your venture on the off chance that you have long brought contributing objectives.
Attempt to understand the monetary articles of organizations.

don'ts
Try not to trade stocks that are in information for successful or unsuccessful reasons.
Avoid outside suggestions.
stay away from Beginning public offerings.
don't try to time the market.
For me what worked was using the simple strategy of the trend. The strategy is easy to understand, but very hard to be master that.
Since the strategies are related to the characters, you can do the same moves with someone who suits you and work backtest