ES Short Term Trading 9-24-10

Already broke yesterdays high and my downtrend line quickly.. Things like this can happen when you don't break 1117.
Thick black line at 1124.75 is the former high previously known as 1129 on the old contract.I think we all know the other levels. 1100 or 1160?
Click image for original size
es 12 10 9242010 60 min
Hey, I was asked for a call 'in the moment' or 'before the fact', so don't vote me down for throwing one out there. tough crowd.
kind of vague without rational

Look, I don't use volume either so I'm not arguing. Maybe you should hang out awhile and observe the forum to see what others have an affinity for, or at least the tolerance for.
Personally, it doesn't really matter what your score is. What's pertinent is do you want to participate or share knowledge in a congenial atmosphere.
I don't try to teach or preach. I just post what I think is important if I have the time. If someone reads it, I'm good. If someone doesn't, I'm still good. Votes up or down doesn't affect my trading.
I type slow so I'm going to have to stop reading you today. Not personal, just business and you have been a little distracting.
Meanwhile, welcome to the forum. Talk to you later.
Originally posted by luckytwelve

Hey, I was asked for a call 'in the moment' or 'before the fact', so don't vote me down for throwing one out there. tough crowd.

DavidS, what is the best way to post images here?

The top 2 sticky posts in this part of the forum explain what you need to know:
http://www.mypivots.com/board/forum/4/1/charts

Specifically this post explains how to upload a chart:
http://www.mypivots.com/board/topic/10/1/how-to-upload-charts-and-images-to-the-forum
they love to test previous bracket lows in an uptrend...so that is my bias...from how high up is the tough part
Well, it's not a matter of making an impact on my trading. However, consistently being voted down (for no real reason) seems an underhanded means of making someone's opinion less valid to all 'at a glance'.

Its somewhat like stating that someone is only a troll on a board, regardless of whether the posts he makes are congenial and valid, or not.

When in Rome do as the Romans.

Watch what everyone else in this topic is doing and saying. Look at the posts that get voted up and you will soon see the type of information that your fellow traders appreciate.

Think of the votes as real-time feedback. This way you know if you're doing the right thing without having to ask "is what I'm posting useful to you?"

Well, it's not a matter of making an impact on my trading. However, consistently being voted down (for no real reason) seems an underhanded means of making someone's opinion less valid to all 'at a glance'.

Its somewhat like stating that someone is only a troll on a board, regardless of whether the posts he makes are congenial and valid, or not.

I voted down that post of yours because your posting it in the wrong place. This topic is for the discussion of "ES Short Term Trading for 24 Sep 2010." You're discussing the merits of how and why traders vote in the forum. That is a meta discussion. You need to post that in a separate topic in a different part of the forum. Preferably here:
http://www.mypivots.com/board/forum/13/1/mypivots

If you continue with this off-topic meta discussion in this part of the forum you run the risk of being locked out and having your posts deleted.
'Consensus Theology' brought to a trading chat room?

I think not.
Sorry, I'll stick the technicals.
best and only short opp I've seen today wth 38 as target
1st hourly red candle so far
Originally posted by redsixspeed

Friday close was above the 1140 which is the top of the zone it also closed above 1141 a key # for me...this was a weekly close as well so I am still looking for more up...gotta have a plan..

====================================================================
We made it to zone 1163.25/1167.50..this area is hit 80% 0f
the time...the next zone above is 1176.00/1180.00 and is hit
90% of the time....I view these as giant magnets...we seem
to have stalled at these areas...some say a reversal is near.

Its one thing to see a cluster of #s in an area...but if I know
how often the area is hit I have a better idea of market direction