The FED is a privatively owned corp?

http://www.apfn.org/APFN/fed_reserve.htm

I wonder how many people know that the fed is a private corporation that bailed out the US government in 1932 and prints the $$$ and charges the people interest? Is this a conspiracy theory? I have been a trader nearly my whole adult life and this is new news to me I always assumed that the fed was a federal agency. I would love to hear some feed back from Jim or others opinion on this if you have time...

Fed Balance Sheet

Consider what the graph will look like when the Fed doubles down with a new $1.xx Trillion USD wave of debt expansion (Quantitative Easing 2.0) starting next month

The FED Quantitative Easing....a rose by any other name

from Wiki:
"A central bank implements QE by first crediting its own account with money it creates ex nihilo ("out of nothing").[1] It then purchases financial assets, including government bonds, agency debt, mortgage-backed securities and corporate bonds, from banks and other financial institutions in a process referred to as open market operations. ....
......" Quantitative easing is sometimes colloquially described as "PRINTING MONEY"......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantitative_easing

.....I say "Quantitative Fraud"
good point the FED is a bigger monopoly to the US than any other organization. They are the Monsanto of banks and should not be allowed to become so large and powerful. To my knowledge they have never been audited...I smell corruption at the highest level.
Fed is the epitome of "too big to fail." If it fails, we all fail, the system fails

Today's monetizing of debt should make everyone pause and reflect on the notion of fiat currency... it isn't worth the paper it's printed on.
For anyone who has not looked into the Federal Reserve System you MUST spend a little time to understand that part of the "rules" for this game!

The Federal Reserve in NOT a government entity. It was NOT set up as a "public" agency. It is NOT the central bank of the US. It IS privately controlled. It IS a revenue source for its members. It IS (and has been) a group that influences the US government in the name of the public good - but ALWAYS benefits its member first & foremost. It IS a cash cow for its members and allows it to influence government affairs in ALL countries. Oh, it WAS originally set up by ------------ bankers.

Read a synopsis = http://www.bigeye.com/griffin.htm

Order the book = The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve
Originally posted by PAUL9

Fed is the epitome of "too big to fail." If it fails, we all fail, the system fails

Today's monetizing of debt should make everyone pause and reflect on the notion of fiat currency... it isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Washington, Jefferson, Jackson all the fore Fathers bled on the Flag to keep this tyranny from DC.....

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state, usually under the control of a single political person, faction, or class, <<INSERT FED>> recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible.[2] Totalitarianism is generally characterized by the coincidence of authoritarianism (where ordinary citizens have less significant share in state decision-making) and ideology (a pervasive scheme of values promulgated by institutional means to direct most if not all aspects of public and private life).

Study history all totalitarianism form of government is the worst kind of oppression...Hitler, Stallion, Hussein....They all end the same mass riots, civil wars, and the dictators on a few glorious occasions were hung in the public square.

Section 8 of THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

2: To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

3: To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

4: To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

5: To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

6: To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

The FED is unconstitutional, who cares if there to big to fail. There braking the law.
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws."
Amschel Rothschild
A Rothschild descendent sits on the board of our "Federal" Reserve Bank.
The Republicans came back strong all will be well now...
but wait !!! who was in there when things headed south

I'am sure the Federal Reserve will educate the new folks
Question: Who Owns the Federal Reserve?

Answer:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10489

It begins;
"Some people think that the Federal Reserve Banks are United States Government institutions. They are private monopolies which prey upon the people of these United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign customers; foreign and domestic speculators and swindlers; and rich and predatory money lenders."

– The Honorable Louis McFadden, Chairman of the House Banking and Currency Committee in the 1930s

The Federal Reserve (or Fed) has assumed sweeping new powers in the last year. In an unprecedented move in March 2008, the New York Fed advanced the funds for JPMorgan Chase Bank to buy investment bank Bear Stearns for pennies on the dollar. The deal was particularly controversial because Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan, sits on the board of the New York Fed and participated in the secret weekend negotiations.1 In September 2008, the Federal Reserve did something even more unprecedented, when it bought the world’s largest insurance company. The Fed announced on September 16 that it was giving an $85 billion loan to American International Group (AIG) for a nearly 80% stake in the mega-insurer. The Associated Press called it a "government takeover," but this was no ordinary nationalization. Unlike the U.S. Treasury, which took over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac the week before, the Fed is not a government-owned agency. Also unprecedented was the way the deal was funded. The Associated Press reported:

"The Treasury Department, for the first time in its history, said it would begin selling bonds for the Federal Reserve in an effort to help the central bank deal with its unprecedented borrowing needs."2

This is extraordinary.

<snip ...> Follow above link for more at this web site ..............
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-09/ron-paul-author-of-end-the-fed-to-lead-fed-oversight-panel.html

Fed may get audited.

I would love to know which members of the House voted to NOT audit the FED? They ought to be audited.