ES Short term trading 12-17-10

OPt. Expiration today......they may do a very quick move off open print so being cautious of that move....prefer a trade and open above yesterdays close to target gap fill..dismal On range again...

41 - 43 is key upside as that is weekly OPen and R1 today...

I was thinking that 25 or 50 rat needs to print which would require an expansin of range a bit...it seems 50 is more likely but hope I'm wrong on that
in this low volatility stuff we can use just the plain old standard pivot/ sr numbers....

so if 35 holds the market we will try and trade to 42.50...if it fails then we drop down to 31 area....common sense and worthless without entires and stops.......35 area has the LVN from Thursdays trade......as an additional support point..
Tight range as Bruce said to the O/N. Most volume around 38.50.

Click image for original size
onprofile12172010
This chart of the profile for the runnup is interesting to see the recent pullback found support on the LVN of 1228 and now resistance at the HVN of 1240.

profile 12172010
trips at 37.50...report in 3 minutes
need things to firm up down near 35 to take the long for trips and gap fill...an air pocket formed on downside would be nice too
Here is a look at the footprint chart with VWAP. You can see prices have bounced everytime they have penetrated the 3rd deviation band (orange) below the VWAP.

footprint 12172010
gheesh...we may need to wait all day..that is one heck of a crappy high...all those matching bars
I think they will run those trips at highs and get complete gap fill...especially with YM as the only laggard..a 15 minute close below 36.25 will invalidate that for me
just who are these people....?? tease us with those tests of highs

Marther Farkers!!!!! Ha....break em please!!!!

this is thin....like your hair from watching this slop
My hair is totally gone so no worries here!

Originally posted by BruceM

just who are these people....?? tease us with those tests of highs

Marther Farkers!!!!! Ha....break em please!!!!

this is thin....like your hair from watching this slop
u too Lorn...look at that weekly open....stopped it cold on the rally but the coolest thing for me today was the triple that formed right at todays open print...never seen that before but it was a cool magnet off the 35 number...

all air pockets filled....again!!