ES Short Term Trading 01-05-2011

ON profile. You can see today we have two HVN to work with.

Click image for original size
onprofile01052011
15:45 and still trading at 1272.00 best to move stops close and let the runners go, will see. where it closes.
Well, i waited as long as i could... had to exit 1272.50 for a paltry half handle on each.. and consider myself lucky to escape with a 4 handle day intact... c ya!
Hey profit is profit! I don't know anyone who will give $25.00 bucks to a panhandler each and every time they see him/her, do you? I exited at 1272.50, overall was a good day.

Thanks to you and everyone for posting charts and comments, it was awesome!

Originally posted by koolblueat day.
Will see what it has for us tomorrow.

Well, i waited as long as i could... had to exit 1272.50 for a paltry half handle on each.. and consider myself lucky to escape with a 4 handle day intact... c ya!
here is a look at the 30 minute closes from today. a few quick things to note:

1: The close above the hour highs
2: The close above the high from Tuesday
3: The failure ( except for the 4 pm close) to get a close above the high from Monday
4: The ping pong match of price not being able to close back below Tuesdays high and inability to sustain the close above Mondays highs

I used the concept to take a good loss. I sold the 69.50 and the 70.75 but exited when we closed above Tuesdays high on the 5th bar of the day.

I also went short the first time we went above Mondays based on a few market profile reasons.. I won't mention here. Email me if you really need to know. Here is the chart. I'm not gonna ram this concept down anyones throat. You will either see the value to it or it will be useless to you. Nuff said!
Click image for original size
thirty minute closes