ES short term trading 1-21-11

Coming into the end of a down week , as expected. We are in the midst of a rally off of yesterdays low (as expected), but my bias is still negative for today....
Click image for original size
FWIW, This is red avg resistance on the 5 min chart....1282.75
Come to papa, baby!... Im right here waiting!...LOL
So Lorn u don't like snow anymore ? When I lived in LI and Connecticut and had a real job I really disliked it....driving with traffic and trying to get to work was a drag...

so now I'm spoiled...most days I don't really need to get anywhere specifically except to pick up my kid or go swimming but the best thing is that I have a "super dooper, alley opper" snow blower...

I rarely shovel anymore but still enjoy getting pounded around outside trying to keep up with my kids.....still trying to learn that snow boarding stuff.....tricky..

anyway, my theroy is that if it is gonna be cold ( under 30 degrees) then we might as well have some snow to do something outside in....of course my old bones are feeling good today but I may be singing a different tune tomorrow after todays outside beating with the kids

and in case anyones wondering, I'm just rambling now as it takes my EYES OFF the market.....

I'm really not convinced of any super sell off and gap fill but will look atthe closes at each half hour....as you know the closes are all still experimental for me so I'm trying to give these last two runners some room

I would like to see a 30 minute close UNDER YD highs in ES...hasn;t happend yet
Bingo!!! long one, but will buy one more at 1278.50
Its not that I dislike snow it just seems this year been having difficulty getting to the office because of snow!

Originally posted by BruceM

So Lorn u don't like snow anymore ? When I lived in LI and Connecticut and had a real job I really disliked it....driving with traffic and trying to get to work was a drag...

so now I'm spoiled...most days I don't really need to get anywhere specifically except to pick up my kid or go swimming but the best thing is that I have a "super dooper, alley opper" snow blower...

I rarely shovel anymore but still enjoy getting pounded around outside trying to keep up with my kids.....still trying to learn that snow boarding stuff.....tricky..

anyway, my theroy is that if it is gonna be cold ( under 30 degrees) then we might as well have some snow to do something outside in....of course my old bones are feeling good today but I may be singing a different tune tomorrow after todays outside beating with the kids

and in case anyones wondering, I'm just rambling now as it takes my EYES OFF the market.....

I'm really not convinced of any super sell off and gap fill but will look atthe closes at each half hour....as you know the closes are all still experimental for me so I'm trying to give these last two runners some room

I would like to see a 30 minute close UNDER YD highs in ES...hasn;t happend yet
and while I'm thinking here...what happened to Paul and Phileo...? Just two of the many posters who have past through and moved on from the Mypivots day trading threads...

Last I remember Phileo was taking a JPJ trading room trial and then POOF.....he's gone !!

Paul I think had a backlog of work he was cathcing up on...

But it's great to see a lot of the new names too....glad you are all here...so I'm "copying" Kools sentiments to you folks...

I just took one more off at 79.50..they may need to retest up as they have had 4 bars in a row on 30 minute of lower lows....sp going back up to test a previous 30 minute high may be due soon and lunchtime is good time to do that

as far as closes go the 30 minute needs to stay close under YD high on the ES and the NQ needs to keep it's closes under Yesterdays close
I miss Jack and his ADVANCE GET program.And P.T. AND V.O.
fIRST STOP 1281.50, THEN 1283.00... I HOPE. mAN , I WISH I HAD A RUNNER!
yeah..PT pops in sometimes but VO hasn't been around.....I think some don't like a place that is different from their style...it may threaten or confuse them......I find it all facinating but will admit that person who had so many lines on the chart was confusing...

The tough part of that poster was that is was difficult for them to expalin how they actually used it but still it's all good if ya can make money with it...

and nice long entry Kool...hope it keeps goig for ya even though I have one measly contract left that is short
Originally posted by koolblue

I miss Jack and his ADVANCE GET program.And P.T. AND V.O.
Yeah, me too, bruce! But remember, Jan expiration is usually down! And thats still a ways away! Im just trying to climb out off a whole i dug for myself early today!..Still on track for a winning week, unlike last week tho!
Originally posted by BruceM

and while I'm thinking here...what happened to Paul and Phileo...? Just two of the many posters who have past through and moved on from the Mypivots day trading threads...

Last I remember Phileo was taking a JPJ trading room trial and then POOF.....he's gone !!

I see Phileo posting on Twitter now and then:
http://twitter.com/Phileo99