Ninja Trader with AMP Brokerage

I'm considering buying the Ninja super dome for $995 just to escape Trade-Station platform prices

your input for good or bad greatly appreciated

PS I mostly trade the SP Emini and sometimes stocks as well
AMP just got a sweet deal and now offer the PRO type CQG to regular traders at no extra cost to you. You may want to look into this before you go spending the 995.Send me a PM and I'll tell you what I know
Infinity has a great dome (DOM) and chart package, too. I think it is better than Ninja (or Trade station, for sure). You can get free trial for Infinity, and the commissions are pretty low, too. About same as AMP.
I put in a Broker Recommendation for Infinity, as well.

They will help you with the charts, and they are free if you do 10 round lots on futures.
Here is the link for the 30 day trial, and Anthony will help you with it. Infinity will also work with a couple companies that allow trading futures in an IRA.
http://www.infinityfutures.com/IATdemosignup.aspx?ref=agts

Have fun.
I appreciate all your replies
Remember that if you are using the STATIC DOM in ninjatrader you WILL have to buy credits to use it since they made a deal after a court case with TT so every trade you do on the static dom you will have to pay TT EXTRA on top of that $995.

You don't have to pay for the non-static dom but that is just not usable.

IMHO I would advise you to go with sierracharts their dom is free.

Multicharts now also released a version last week with free trading and free charting.

You will get fed up with ninjatrader after a while, it's buggy, and all chart data in version 7 is delayed with minimum 100ms. That is giving me a 100ms advantage over you buddy.
FYI: Sierra Charts does the Infinity Charts and provides support. Can also get Rockwell templates and another template that is supposed to show Market Profile on the Infinity Charts. Haven't looked at the MP template, yet.
YSS. I'm surprised and confused by your reply. surprissed because every day I get a different information about Ninja Dome
I,m confused because I talked to AMP they informed me that the only money I have to pay them is a Brokerage Fee . did I miss something in your reply?
concerning the delay in Ninja charts, Which charts brokerage do you use which is faster than Ninja?

Thank you for your reply
Originally posted by khamore1

YSS. I'm surprised and confused by your reply. surprissed because every day I get a different information about Ninja Dome
I,m confused because I talked to AMP they informed me that the only money I have to pay them is a Brokerage Fee . did I miss something in your reply?
concerning the delay in Ninja charts, Which charts brokerage do you use which is faster than Ninja?

Thank you for your reply

Hello,

There is a reason why AMP is IMHO not a good broker: most of them don't know what they are talking about.

If you buy ninjatrader and you trade with the static DOM you have to buy credits on the site of ninjatrader (yes on top of your brokerage fees, on top of your ninjatrader license fees) so you can trade with the static DOM in Ninjatrader.

From their website :

How do I enable a static SuperDOM?

If you would like to use a static SuperDOM which is subject to Trading Technologies (TT) licensing fees, please send an email to sales@ninjatrader.com with your request. You will also need to purchase TT transaction below.

Related information:

* Static versus Dynamic Super DOM
* TT Patent Information

http://www.ninjatrader.com/Support#My-Account

Here is the link to buy credits :

http://www.ninjatrader.com/purchase-transaction-credits.php

Ninjatrader also has a default delay build in of 0,5 second. I find this unacceptable. I cannot lower this value than 100ms. I really hate this.

I hope you realize that you are far better of with a program like sierracharts, $18 a month and live trading, a DOM and all you can dream off in a splendid software package.
YSS you are confusing TT users with Amp or Mirus brokerage clients. The information and links you posted do not apply to Amp or Mirus users.

For clients of Amp or Mirus Futures, the cost of using the NinjaTrader platform (including the static DOM) is covered in your RT commission.

From the Mirus Futures web-site:

*NinjaTrader is compliant with Trading Technologies based on their licensing agreement to use the MD Trader patent. Mirus Futures eliminates the need to purchase "credits" to use the Static SuperDOM by including the trading technologies fee into your commission rate.
TransAct has the best rating here:
http://www.mypivots.com/broker