What size monitors are the best for trading?

I bought 4 monitors with a stand from Dell for a cost of $1000
their size is 21.5" by 9.5" they are piece of garbage I can't really see the whole picture with them especially when the market volatility is high . I know a lot of experienced traders are here so I ask your advice for the size of the monitor and the brand you think is the best,
for some of you it will sound like a stupid question. But
I don't want to experiment again with another $1000

PS my budget now is no more than $600
I do some of my best trading with a couple charts & DOM on one monitor.

I go though phases where I will explore new ideas or indicators and start adding more and more charts, expanding out to multiple monitors. It's fun to do, but in the end I have not found doing so tangibly enhances my performance.

Good trading requires a couple key things:
1. a legitimate mathematical edge
2. proven rock solid trade management skill
3. confidence, patience, and perseverance

Within this paradigm, the main reason to keep adding more and more monitors would be to achieve an edge. The question becomes what is the optimal number of monitors to sustain that edge over time ? At what number of monitors does the edge suffer or is lost altogether ?

Right now I am using 3 monitors:
one monitor is for order management: it has 2 short term trading charts, DOM, and order log book
the other two monitors are for trade/market analysis: longer term charts, along with market profile and market balance charts.

For me the optimal number of monitors is probably two, one for order management and one for market analysis.
Here is my setup.

I put up 4 dell pro monitors in portrait mode. I advise everybody to use portrait mode with 4 or more screens. It's awesome!

Click image for original size
myscreens
Originally posted by YSS

...I put up 4 dell pro monitors in portrait mode. I advise everybody to use portrait mode with 4 or more screens. It's awesome!

What size are those screens YSS?
Hello, I have 4x DELL P2411H 24 inch monitors with an ATI firepro 2460, 4 monitor card with passive cooling (no noise from the video card is great!!)

http://www.amd.com/us/Documents/ATI_FireMV_2460_datasheet-LoRez_48119-D.pdf
I was inspired by a guy who made this : (this is not me)

inspired
As far as I'm concerned I found the answer to my problem with my monitors. first I deleted all the extra displayed tools from my chart and I gained an extra inch in vertical viewing. secondly I went to chart scaling and checked the box for either center price or leave 15% from top and botom of chart now I can see and predict the chart much better.
even though I have more vertical space to view now, I still don't like my 9.5" monitors and I don't recomend anyone to buy such monitors

YSS I love your monitors. I googled and found them on tech bargains for $169 unfortunately they sold out. is it the same monitor you have?
Originally posted by YSS

I was inspired by a guy who made this : (this is not me)

inspired

I think that's one of the best layouts I've ever seen!
Originally posted by khamore1
YSS I love your monitors. I googled and found them on tech bargains for $169 unfortunately they sold out. is it the same monitor you have?

I bought them from DELL, you can read the exact type in my previous post.