ES 3-16-2011

Thought I'd post profile for Monday/Tuesday along side last weeks profile. These are RTH only profiles. Quite a few unfilled gaps over the last several trading days. Have we found an important bottom here or more downside to come?

Click image for original size
es30min03162011
guess market will rally on this news....lol
Originally posted by Lisa P

guess market will rally on this news....lol
i believe the daily low is in.. much like yesterday, early decline and the seasonals push it up.. but tomorrow looks UGLY!.. SHORT TERM LOOK FOR 1264.75-1265.50as a possible near term target, then eventually 67 ish?
Click image for original size
Lisa,

could you post some of those cool market delta shots with all those big orders you mentioned today...or even just a few would do.

I had a trial with MD a year or two ago but it turns out that my IB data bundles up volume etc and is terrible for showing that stuff

hopefully soon I will have DTN IQ and have another go at it
Originally posted by koolblue

well stopped at 3 handles on what should have been easy money at 1262!.. thats what happens when you try to post too much.. like i usually do! gonna have to chill....

With this rumor driven volatility and super thin order book I am taking 5-8 tick profits, basically whatever the market can muster in one sustained impulse. Soon as the impulse stalls I take my profit and wait for the next setup.
I guess i'm mostly pissed at myself P.T.! Usually i have my order and stop in place before i begin to post... that time i didn't... stupid when the market is moving quick!(or anytime ,for that matter).. just took one off at 62 on my long from 58.75 other exit is at 1265 even...
Originally posted by koolblue

iguess im mostly pissed at myself P.T.! Usually i have my order and stop in place before i begin to post... that time i didnt... stupid when the market is moving quick!(or anytime ,for that matter).. just took one off at 62 on my long from 58.75 other exit is at 1265 even...
those who know my trading style would already know ,but i have raised my stop on the runner to breakeven(1258.75)
kool, just out of curiosity, what was your target on that fantastic buy at the lows of the day ?
Originally posted by apk781

kool, just out of curiosity, what was your target on that fantastic buy at the lows of the day ?
you mean on the upside?
yes, you were targetting 54.5-55.5 so i assume you bought at 55.5 or so...what was the initial target ?
look at that right down into that 47.50 in the O/N session......perfect magnet