seasonalmarchndx

Click image for original size
mean reversion model5735image002

mean reversion model5735image004

day chart
from one volume magnet to another......

"price trades to size" I read that somewhere on a write up on volume on another forum....so I'm stealing it!!

Here is an honest question for forum members...

Do you ever get more excited about being right then the actually money you've made for the day? I do.....not sure if it's "ok" to admit that....but gotta keep it real..
I have a small 2 contract buy at 62 even to see if we can retest the volume at the 64.50 area....big divergence intoi the key zones
Sorry that was a bit late...filled at 61.75 and trying to get 64.25...
flat 63.25....may still go but not greedy
Originally posted by BruceM

ha!.. i was trying to buy at 61.75, but due to posting, i was too slow and missed it.. thats ok as i think we will see 59.00 to 59.50 or so sooner or later...
heres why...
In hyper mode now.....here is how that looked....just liked the others...the volume comes in AHEAD of the zone and then dries up once we get there....

62 - 63 was the zone and the volume surge came in up at 65..

here is the chart...I removed the lines I had at 62 - 63 for clarity...
divergence
Once again I want to stress that these trades aren't taken in the middle of no where....but I'm constantly thinking of where is the most volume....

64.50 - 65 is the answer to that right now!!
I note that the 1 min chart has prc bands trending down for quite a while now, the 5 min are also down and now the 13 min have just begun to turn down.. doesn't bode well for the next hour or two... so shorts are the preferred strategy...Also has anyone oticed that on todays prdicted rally (from the 1241 low) the s&p cash has risen a higher % than the leader nas! that s bearish going forward(and one of the reasons i expect 1241 gets taken out sometime in the next few days) unless that changes by the close!
another reason for these kinds of trades is that the high VERTICAL volume has a slowing affect on price most times....Look how often we passed through the 68 - 70 volume today....

anyway I still like market orders and give up certain things by using them but I rarely miss a trade........of course they don't all work so I rarely miss the bad trades too....LOL!!
Originally posted by koolblue

Originally posted by BruceM

ha!.. i was trying to buy at 61.75, but due to posting, i was too slow and missed it.. thats ok as i think we will see 59.00 to 59.50 or so sooner or later...

a good day to study context...trade inside the previous days range and trade on both sides of the open ..multiple times...

and that 68 - 70...still like a giant magnet...look how they tried to push it up and away from there again and the volume just died on the third one minute bar....up

I'm referring to the break away they just tried at 3:45 EST...