ES 03-23-2011

Good morning all. Just a few thoughts I wanted to share. We have a unique situation here with at least two of the best traders you will find anywhere Kool and Bruce along with a number of others ( sorry for not mentioning all} sharing their thoughts thru out the day. They give price levels and reasons prior to making a trade. This is the most valuable assist a trader like myself can have. No I do not attempt to blindly piggyback their trades but knowing what price level they are interested in and why sure helps me. So that makes up the proticall here. Pls feel free to post but do it before the trade and say why.

[Admin edit - removed off-topic material]
closed 1295.50. 1.5 lost. No more trade today :)
ok, got stopped on the first short (2pt loss) which as i mentioned was gonna be very small...also, got to the tick to the 96 level i also mentioned (2.618% proj on my medium term chart) and consequently got short at 95.75...looking to get half off at 94.25 and the rest at 93 (move stop to b/e when/if first target is hit)

Originally posted by apk781

looking to sell at 92.25-92.5...only a small piece...96 would be ideal but doubt we get there without first some room for a small scalp short...
half off at 94.25...revising the second target to 93.25 (stop to b/e now) if not stopped or 2nd target not hit i will close manually wherever we are at 15:50 et
all right...2nd half off at 93.25...that's it for me...good night all
Just a little food for thought....price is at a key level here. 1295.50 is the 61.8 fib level from the high of 1329 made back on 3/4 and the low of 1241.25 made on 3/17
there seems to be weak buying at these levels indicating a sell off is around the corner. i would be cautious in any position you choose to take here until you can confirm 1 direction or another.
See everyone tomorrow.
Click image for original size
Thank you MM for those stocks, took 3 of your stocks and made more than $400 today.

Keep posting

Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

For any equity traders out there, if the market moves up, here are some stocks that may offer some potential good long plays for a day trade (or more) today and perhaps the next couple of days.

NFLX, FOSL, AH, OPEN, PLCM, DVA, SINA, BIDU

Some look better than others ... but I'll be watching these. If the mkt sells down, then best to avoid 'em for now.

MM
That's GREAT Nigel! Even though the ES gapped down and sold down early, most of the stocks held up with most moving up pretty quickly and steadily when looking at their 5min charts. Of course there's always gonna be a lemon or few that don't behave as anticipated.

NFLX (which can be a mean bastard sometimes), FOSL,OPEN,DVA,SINA and BIDU were all good pretty much from the start ... looking at their 5min charts. Then again, it's where you get in and out that makes a good long trade work (or not).

PLCM was the skanky lemmon and AH kinda all over the map ... woulda been a psychic to pull any money outta those other than the late day rally in AH.

I'd invite others to take a peek at the daily and today's 5min charts on these to see what some good setups in equities can do. Anyway, no horn tootin' for me ... been doing this too long to have ego involved. Just glad someone made some coin with 'em!

Also, as I've mentioned before about equity picks I've posted ... they can act as an INDICATOR for ES trading. If the majority of good long picks just fall apart ... tends to signal more weakness in the market (ES). If they are holding up strong, then it can signal strength in the market with potential intraday upside asserting itself in the ES.

Btw, what stocks were you in NIGEL?

Originally posted by NIGEL68

Thank you MM for those stocks, took 3 of your stocks and made more than $400 today.

Keep posting

For any equity traders out there, if the market moves up, here are some stocks that may offer some potential good long plays for a day trade (or more) today and perhaps the next couple of days.

Some look better than others ... but I'll be watching these. If the mkt sells down, then best to avoid 'em for now.

MM

Hey MM,

I traded FOSL, PLCM & BIDU, great trades!

Looking foward to your posts

Diana

That's GREAT Nigel! Even though the ES gapped down and sold down early, most of the stocks held up with most moving up pretty quickly and steadily when looking at their 5min charts. Of course there's always gonna be a lemon or few that don't behave as anticipated.

NFLX (which can be a mean bastard sometimes), FOSL,OPEN,DVA,SINA and BIDU were all good pretty much from the start ... looking at their 5min charts. Then again, it's where you get in and out that makes a good long trade work (or not).

PLCM was the skanky lemmon and AH kinda all over the map ... woulda been a psychic to pull any money outta those other than the late day rally in AH.

I'd invite others to take a peek at the daily and today's 5min charts on these to see what some good setups in equities can do. Anyway, no horn tootin' for me ... been doing this too long to have ego involved. Just glad someone made some coin with 'em!

Also, as I've mentioned before about equity picks I've posted ... they can act as an INDICATOR for ES trading. If the majority of good long picks just fall apart ... tends to signal more weakness in the market (ES). If they are holding up strong, then it can signal strength in the market with potential intraday upside asserting itself in the ES.

Btw, what stocks were you in NIGEL?

Originally posted by NIGEL68

Keep posting

MM