ES 3-31-2011

O/N Profile.

Last day of the quarter!

Click image for original size
onprofile03312011
i'm all ears Bruce.. If you have time after your trading day is finished. I PM'd you also. have a good day everyone
New to the room. But, watching for a few days now. Very helpful! Bruce, Kool, Lorn etc. thanks for all the good advice. I noticed you guys post many entries and exits, but sometimes not your stops. Would be great to a struggling trader to know where you put those at the same time you post the entry price. Thanks again!
I have a big black line running across my chart.

On continuous contract as generated by TS, big black line is Close for February about 1321.

Yesterday, Price moved above that black line, and today, price has come back down and tested it.

Please allow me to be sarcastic(tongue in cheek).

Hey, this is end of the month,
this is end of the quarter

Thank god these are free and unmanipulated markets.

Heaven forbid that someone with more money than I have could bully his/her way into the markets and push pricew anywhere they want to.

HMMMMM, Maybe big money wants to have a close for the month that represents a gain over close of last month. those rich bastids

No longfer sarcastic right now.
Just for reference that would be used by Big Money,
CA$H Feb close was 1327.22 (no adjustment for contract roll needed)

Great answer, Lorn. Now that you have divulged everything I look at there is no point for me to continue posting.

adios (well, maybe a little more sarcasm, LOL)
adding at 25.50....24.50 is still magnet price....context is still an open inside YD range and trade on both sides of open....better sells will be above YD highs if it prints
I'd like to get to 23.75...low volume there
Bears trying

Click image for original size
2011 03 311046
Good morning!... slept in today! ..wow. remember the post yesterday around 3:36 pm yesterday showed the projection from the daily high was 1323 and change (hit right at the close) and the 2.618 was 1320.50! I wish i had been up to take advantage of that!...im still looking for 1328.25-1329.25 today and likely 1332.50 possible also!
Originally posted by KIDCAPISTRANO

New to the room. But, watching for a few days now. Very helpful! Bruce, Kool, Lorn etc. thanks for all the good advice. I noticed you guys post many entries and exits, but sometimes not your stops. Would be great to a struggling trader to know where you put those at the same time you post the entry price. Thanks again!
GREAT QUESTION! It varies from person to person. It really depends on what your objectives are.. for instance if your going after 2-3 handle profits on a trade like i am, you want to use a stop thats in line or hopefully less than that so you have a good risk-reward ratio! i ALWAYS start with a 3 point stop when initiating a scalp trade and then quickly adjust it tighter when ive had a chance to see my objective on the trade, and also chart support/resistance ,etc for stop placement.. my normal'style of trading is 2 contracts,taking one off after 1-1.75 handles of profit and quickly changing my stop from the original 3 handles to where ever my entry was, on the remaining contract,for a risk free trade. Sometimes this scenerio varies ,but thats basically what i do.. hope that helps..
buying 1322.25
trying to hold last runner for 1322.25...that was POC from yesterday based on TIME.....not volume....explain later
Originally posted by koolblue

somehow,pal, we really need to consolidate all of our 'teaching' dialogues... and other folks also. P.T.'s had a few , Paul,Lorns,etc and put them all in one easy place to find! Im pretty good at finding stuff and would be willing to spend a weekend doing it, if D.T. agrees, but i fear if we dont, in a couple months,or a year it'll be hard to find(in effect lost!). Another good example is Charter Joes mini ib method... I feel it would be invaluable to newer traders!... thx again!

I can certainly help with that. I wonder if the dictionary would be the right place to put it? The site is setup so that I can auto-link certain words to the dictionary - as most of you already know. So if we came up with names for the strategies, setups, methods and techniques then we could add each one of them to the dictionary as a distinct item and then auto-link them from here. For example, we could call one "Bruce's Air" and that would link to something like this:
http://www.mypivots.com/dictionary/definition/407/air-pocket
which was taken from something that Bruce wrote.

It seems to be the most obvious place to collect the information. Also the dictionary also has a fast lookup search bar.

If you want to experiment with this idea try and add one from here:
http://www.mypivots.com/dictionary/create
and I'll help clean it up and then add the auto-link words.

Good idea and great stuff guys!