ES MAP for 4-29-11

Here's what I've got looking at the ES 30min chart of 20 days. The Gray background is the "overnight" trading. The right vertical axis shows the 20-days worth of Volume at Price in Light Blue. The Red lines are my PASR "zones" of potential S/R with the Magenta potential semi-significant. The White dashed lines are the Weekly Pivots.

Have a Yellow line above the current market that looks like a potential significant Fib cluster area to me. Also, I've drawn in a Cyan trendline across the top swings of prices. I've adjusted some of the lines/levels/zones since the last posting of my "map". Hope it's helpful to both ES and equity traders!

Click image for original size
es 30m sr for 42911
look at a 30 min chart of the ES,
mostly today and yesterday
24hour prices, there is a bearish wedge pattern in place.
PV just flipped to 59.25...lets see if this can attract some sellers...interesting battle either way

I'm just showing different visuals of stuff I always babble about ...except for CD....we had that 59.25 hours ago....look at a one minute volume bar or less....no big secrets
trying to get to 57.50 as that is other peak voluem today before we flipped
Bruce, I am sorry if I offended you - certaily did not mean to. Please forgive my remark - was just answering your request for "hints" thoughtlessly.

In fact I had four losing short trades today. Same reasons to short as most of you had: internals do not support price movement, NQ does not participate in this move and is weak because of RIMM and could not take out Yest's High, lack of volume on break-out, etc.. With every loss I looked to my trading plan and underlined rule 1 - "do not trade against the trend"= "do not short above rising moving average"...lol. What can I say? I screwed up today. So my remark was equally to myself. I hope you will forgive me, I meant no snotty remarks.

With regard to my posts, I try to post high volume prints as they occur, or as I see it with my chart/datafeed. I find it helps to know when a large block of contracts entered. It marks a "significant level" for me and I try to refer to it later. How it develops after those large blocks enter is a different story.

The level you (and I) have marked will get hit one way or the other, maybe even today. I struggle the same way you do.

Originally posted by BruceM

That's kinda rude Lisa considering you have never posted a trade in advance.........

and I'll admit that I lose when we trend.....I don't have it like that today...so perhaps my last runners won't get full target...perhaps they will actually take away from money I just made....perhaps we won't retest that big one minute volume bar that has 59.25 as it's key price, perhaps you think price doesn't attract back...

I didn't see where you bought...?

You implied after the fact before that you got long at 59.25....did u exit....Not sure what your trying to say...

These distractions are good for me because I'm not watching the screen so much....

Optimus my friend , I would say that I NEVER catch the trend...LOL..
Originally posted by Lisa P

Bruce, Hint: we are in an uptrend AND at end of the month....lol

that's me flat at 57.75......too late and out of ammo and no good targets....those runners captured 50% of the days range....LOL.!!

People are always wondering what to do with VPOC shifts....hopefully looking at my chart you can see that at 59.25 the delta was all red so the VPOC shifted because selling Volume was entering...that is one hint....

No worries Lisa.. I bring stress on myself some times by trading and posting so while it helps distract me I also get very "short" ( no pun intended) with people.
We can touch base next week and see about the data. I'm using zenfire now and the data seems so "clean" compared to my IB data...but it still doesn't mean it is accurate..

We need somebody with DTN data to post a footprint and then compare numbers...I did notice that you didn't show the 59.25 building out like I did. I have just day session and don't run the Overnight on my left justified volume profile..
wow, now that is what I call dumb luck as an exit...!! I guess they like that 57.50 !!