ES 5-18-2011

O/N Volume Profile.

Click image for original size
onprofile05182011
Watching the same thing. NQ has been sluggish of late.

Originally posted by PAUL9

Not really impressive.

I like to see the NQ lead, and it hasn't even been able to get above the AH H of 48.50.

even though the ES is above it's H.

This same pattern unfolded On Monday, and prices ultimately went down.
On Monday, NQ could not get above it's overnight H even though the ES was printing 7 points ABOVE it's overnight H.
there is a key area at 35 - 37....if i stop out i will look to re-enter up there...sometimes it's just better to take the loss and free up some mind-baggage so u can think better!
32.50 is peak volume so 32 - 32.50 is the numbers us bears need to take over
This should be posted on every traders screen...

Originally posted by BruceM

sometimes it's just better to take the loss and free up some mind-baggage so u can think better!
due to third add i had to start taking something off at 32.50...gap in data at 31.25...can anyone confirm that?
hopefully some are watching that beautiful failure of the 90 minute highs...scaled way down at 31.50 print....these are all original initiation points.....As most know I don't usually post my actual fills..so my fills are often .25 - .75 off from numbers I mention here.too time consuming and stressful enough trading and posting.....so I hope the concepts come through...
Running triple on the 5min, 33.25
Wrrrd!... (The kid say that's sooo 2009). As we all may of guessed, I've have learned this one the hard way.

Originally posted by Lorn

This should be posted on every traders screen...

sometimes it's just better to take the loss and free up some mind-baggage so u can think better!

due to third add i had to start taking something off at 32.50...gap in data at 31.25...can anyone confirm that?

I see the gap.
If you did your playback from monday then you would have 34 - 35 on your radar as that was peak volume before it flipped.....we also have 1337 as the VA high from that day.....so a natural zone !!

I didn't get to my reasons before so there they are...Normally I wouldn't put my stop in an area like that but I started smaller shorts from 1330.50...a terrible spot in hindsight..so it would be too much risk to me to take on....

I may be agressive at times but not ( completely ) stupid !!!

it seems to me that the real key to all this footprint stuff is figuring out when heavy ask volume is REALLY buying and when heavy bid volume is REALLY selling.....

It seems to lack a filter to really help us figure that crucial question out..

I see heavy Bid volume at 34.75 but it is not selling off...but by the time you figure that out the market is 1.75 - 2 points higher...

Bruce, it is a bitch! Tha is what trading long at resistance is like.
But I am not going to write another long answer. Skype me...lol.