Confused

In the "Economic Events" section of this site I see a slew of proposed Bond Auction announcements for today. I thought that once the US Debt ceiling was breached that there could be no more borrowing unless the debt ceiling was raised.

Speaking of slew, I have kind of a cool story. I just had some new neighbors move in and they have a Thoroughbred that is the the great-granddaughter of Seattle Slew and the great-great-granddaughter of Secretariat. Pretty cool huh
Secretariat bit my girlfriend's sister ... not kidding.
LOL... You gotta love this forum ... go from talking about a serious
debt issue to talking about getting bit by a horse ...
Originally posted by myptofvu

In the "Economic Events" section of this site I see a slew of proposed Bond Auction announcements for today. I thought that once the US Debt ceiling was breached that there could be no more borrowing unless the debt ceiling was raised.

Speaking of slew, I have kind of a cool story. I just had some new neighbors move in and they have a Thoroughbred that is the the great-granddaughter of Seattle Slew and the great-great-granddaughter of Secretariat. Pretty cool huh

They are retiring debt issues all the time so I think they just have to restrict new borrowing to no more than what they retire.
Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

Secretariat bit my girlfriend's sister ... not kidding.

My cousin was bitten by a dog that was owned by a farmer who had a horse that shared a stable with...Kevin Bacon
Fact: The only person who knows the value of the bond being sold is the seller.
Fact: Perception of the facts become the facts
So the romance of a hat that hasn't won a Kentucky Derby, while a $10,000. Horse has won the Derby, makes the hat maker the best hat maker inn the game. So the Secretariate legend lives on, for now. Back to the bonds... what is under the hat is known only by the guy who packages the hat with better marketing skills. Eventually you make a man who too needs to sell these hats that don't fit today's needs. I'll see you at the Preakness this year; but you'll have to wear this year's smart hat because last years hats were as big as life preservers and we've filled our pockets with silver. I've got a really good deal on hats today. I think your horse would look good in one too.how many would you like? Your credit is good with me. Twelve months no interest and then the (IRS) WE'LL PAY YOU IN KIND.LOL