ES Day Trading 5-31-2011

Getting thing started with a look at last weeks volume profile. Obviously prices are much higher here in the O/N but one of the interesting things to note on this chart is the expanding volume on up moves and decreasing volume on pullbacks. Classic behavior in an up trending market.

Click image for original size
es30min05312011
When we have a Monday holiday, I like to continue to use the Monday's pivots instead of the ones generated from yesterday's limited action.

That being said, so far, we've found resistance at R3 (43.50), R2 briefly offered some support at 38.75, but failed... and it seems we found some support on R1 (34.25), went 52.8 of the way to R2 (36.50) and looks like we're rolling over.

I would love to see this make it down to 30...
that's me done at 33.75......low volume from O/N is filled in...I had one left with stop at 36.75 that they just missed on that mini retrace up...

hope it keeps dropping for those holding
Nice technical work and nice trades Bruce...new here and just listening for now...is there a way to have posts automatically pop up on my screen? Not that familiar with the site and have been refreshing to read posts...thanks
Originally posted by Dubya
...is there a way to have posts automatically pop up on my screen? Not that familiar with the site and have been refreshing to read posts...

Yeah, I am curious of a better way as well...
I get what you both are saying as well as agree with you, although I feel anything else would just get too chaotic.

There is a calm about this method I really like. sorry.

Originally posted by neoikon

...is there a way to have posts automatically pop up on my screen? Not that familiar with the site and have been refreshing to read posts...

Yeah, I am curious of a better way as well...
RTH 52.8% retracement at 39 right there...
Bouncing between a couple trips... 38.75 and 37.25.

I'd love to see this break down to 30-31, but I am not liking this action.
yes and a gap in the data at up 38.25...poor volume..
no trade here, but an interesting observation, Month of May, globex range 1373.5 - 2.25, middle = 38, RTH 67.25 - 8.75 middle = 38, end of month window dressing??
I think we eill see a new High and prefer as Target 1.350 O/N or tomorrow
I deserve that! Foot still in mouth. BTW... the function works Great! Wouldn't of wanted to miss this post... no really!

This is a good option to have..hopefully it will still remain "calm" TQ......