ES 6-3-2011

Putting this guy up before the big news out at 8:30. As Bruce pointed out yesterday 1313 zone is an important inflection point.

Click image for original size
es30min06032011
Another consideration I have is deviation. 1332-1373=41. 1332-41=1291.
Also considering 1332-1363 which is 31 points and puts the bottom number at 1301. 1363 the bottom support level of the gap up on the way to 1373.
Will shut up now. Have a great weekend all!
hopefully some took an attempt at the 1309 short outside the 90 minute high withthe Ym leading...chart later
a method I am in the process of refining is using a target of 2.5 points off a low or high regardless of where I actually get filled....in this case we would want to see price trade 2.5 points below the 1309 ...which we did..need to get under 05.50 now in order to have any chance at the 03.75 POC /
05 happens to be the VPOC

Originally posted by BruceM

a method I am in the process of refining is using a target of 2.5 points off a low or high regardless of where I actually get filled....in this case we would want to see price trade 2.5 points below the 1309 ...which we did..need to get under 05.50 now in order to have any chance at the 03.75 POC /
really wanted to see price get under that previous 30 minute up bar...I wantto see this stay under the 90 minute highs...2 runners will exit if we push out above now..

1303.75 is final target if it prints.

1309 was peak volume from On before the report hit
hi bruce, have a question, i thought you said you do not like to initiate trades at volume peak zones so why did you enter at 309, being a high volume zone from o/n...i understand we took the 90m highs but what confuses me is you entering the trade at a peak volume level

really wanted to see price get under that previous 30 minute up bar...I wantto see this stay under the 90 minute highs...2 runners will exit if we push out above now..

1303.75 is final target if it prints.

1309 was peak volume from On before the report hit
u read my mind Lorn...that is always the battle as there are those who are watching both the VPOC and the POC...so naturally a damn good zone to be concerned about....we need to be aware of both....

Ym is still trying to lead this up and away...it seems that at some point one of two things will happen...ym will synch up with ES and we drop or the ES will finally see the light and rally....isn't that always the case...LOL

but the structure is good so far for a late rally if we think about the previous days Low holding and how they already tested the 50% market and single prints etc....we'll see....this is the end of the day for me...just too late on a friday ..runners will either hit the mark or get wiped away at 07.75 ..that will also take away the one time frame down if we think in those terms too..
great point Nick....I said I don't like them but I still take them in context,,,,,I should have rementioned that the 1309 is also the low of MAY so it wasn't just a peak volume price....there is just so much I can type but we also had the YM leading price higher so I am looking at other things to actually put the trade on..

what is 1.5 times the IB ? So we had lots of confluence... I had more than just the peak volume from the O/N session...I apologize and perhaps I shouldn't give the reason unless I can go into all the reasons and a complete explaination...sorry if i confused you

I try to post some of the key ideas throughout the trades I take but I just can't get it all posted and trade effectively....Hope that clears that up...sorry
Also interesting about 05 is yesterday saw some big volume spikes in this zone between 1305 and 1306 as well as the RTH low (as you mention) just below.

Some longer time frame players in this area?

u read my mind Lorn...that is always the battle as there are those who are watching both the VPOC and the POC...so naturally a damn good zone to be concerned about....we need to be aware of both....

Ym is still trying to lead this up and away...it seems that at some point one of two things will happen...ym will synch up with ES and we drop or the ES will finally see the light and rally....isn't that always the case...LOL

but the structure is good so far for a late rally if we think about the previous days Low holding and how they already tested the 50% market and single prints etc....we'll see....this is the end of the day for me...just too late on a friday ..runners will either hit the mark or get wiped away at 07.75 ..that will also take away the one time frame down if we think in those terms too..
nothing to be sorry abt ! i knew i was missing sthg so i thought i'd ask

thank you very much for all your posts..they are very instructive indeed

great point Nick....I said I don't like them but I still take them in context,,,,,I should have rementioned that the 1309 is also the low of MAY so it wasn't just a peak volume price....there is just so much I can type but we also had the YM leading price higher so I am looking at other things to actually put the trade on..

what is 1.5 times the IB ? So we had lots of confluence... I had more than just the peak volume from the O/N session...I apologize and perhaps I shouldn't give the reason unless I can go into all the reasons and a complete explaination...sorry if i confused you

I try to post some of the key ideas throughout the trades I take but I just can't get it all posted and trade effectively....Hope that clears that up...sorry
Last trade of the day for me was shorting at 1308 at 1050 EST. Not knowing what to expect and not even sure why we were even that high again to begin with I elected to exit quickly at 1306.50. I still had thoughts that we could go lower but dismissed those so I could go to bed.

Woke up this AM to see we closed at 1295.75!

Perhaps it is better this way. Two profitable 12 point plus trades in one day is still a pipe dream for me. One such trade a few much smaller trades is what I will settle for for now.