American Psycho

great movie. not especially thick with lol quotes, but it does have some good lines. a lot of times the quotes aren't family-web friendly

one line is family friendly and actually reminds me of trading when i hear it:

Patrick Bateman: I'm leaving. I've assessed the situation, and I'm going

each day i work on becoming that quickly decisive, that calculated. a friend keeps a post-it with the folowing reminder:

Don't think - act.

take care

omni
Good film! Excellent quote!

Now you've got me racking my brain for more film quotes that can be applied to trading.

The trading movies must have some. What were Gordon Gecko's famous comments in Wall Street? It is Wall Street that I'm thinking of right?

What are other the other trading movies?
Rouge Trader (about Nick Leeson starring Ewan McGregor) - excellent movies - just saw it recently.
Dealers ? (I seem to remember a movie of this title but never saw it.)
I couldn't help myself. I had to find some Gordon Gecko quotes:

Gordon Gekko: Lunch is for wimps.

Bud Fox: I'm tapped out Marv. American Express' got a hit man lookin' for me.

Carl Fox: Stop going for the easy buck and start producing something with your life. Create, instead of living off the buying and selling of others.

Gordon Gekko: When I get a hold of the son of a bitch who leaked this, I'm gonna tear his eyeballs out and I'm gonna suck his ****ing skull.

Gordon Gekko: You're walking around blind without a cane, pal. A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place.

Gordon Gekko: The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bull****. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own.

Bud Fox: How much is enough?
Gordon Gekko: It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another.

Gordon Gekko: Mixed emotions, buddy. Like Larry Wildman going off a cliff in my new Maserati.

Bud Fox: Sun-tzu: If your enemy is superior, evade him. If angry, irritate him. If equally matched, fight, and if not split and reevaluate.

Lou Mannheim: Man looks in the abyss, there's nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss.

Lou: The main thing about money, Bud, is that it makes you do things you don't want to do.

Bud Fox: If you step out that door, I'm changing the locks.

Bud Fox: Life all comes down to a few moments. This is one of them.

Gordon Gekko: What's worth doing is worth doing for money.

Gordon Gekko: I'm gonna make you rich, Bud Fox.

Gordon Gekko: I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing.

Gordon Gekko: I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought.

Gordon Gekko: If you need a friend, get a dog.

Gordon Gekko: The point is ladies and gentlemen that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of it's forms - greed for life, for money, knowledge - has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed - you mark my words - will not only save Teldar Paper but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. Thank you.

Gordon Gekko: Greed is good.

Gordon Gekko: The most valuable commodity I know of is information.

Gordon Gekko: Greed captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Gordon Gekko: I look at a hundred deals a day. I pick one.

Gordon Gekko: You see that building? I bought that building ten years ago. My first real estate deal. Sold it two years later, made an $800,000 profit. It was better than sex. At the time I thought that was all the money in the world. Now it's a day's pay.

Bud Fox: Why do you need to wreck this company?
Gordon Gekko: Because it's wreckable, all right?

Gordon Gekko: Ever wonder why fund managers can't beat the S&P 500? 'Cause they're sheep, and sheep get slaughtered.

Bud Fox: This is really a nice club, Mr. Gekko.
Gordon Gekko: Yeah, not bad for a City College boy. I bought my way in, now all these Ivy league schmucks are sucking my kneecaps.

Gordon Gekko: Hiya, Buddy.
Bud Fox: Gordon.
Gordon Gekko: Sand bagged me on Bluestar huh? Thought you could teach the teacher a lesson that the tail can wag the dog huh? Well let me clue you in, pal. The ice is melting right underneath your feet. Did you think you could've gotten this far this fast with anyone else, huh? That you'd be out there dicking someone like Darien? Naw... you'd still be cold calling widows and dentists tryin' to sell 'em 20 shares of some dog **** stock. I took you in... a NOBODY. I opened the doors for you... showed you how the system works... the value of information... how to get it. Fulham oil, Brant resources, geodynamics and this is how you ****ing pay me back you cockroach. I gave you Darien. I gave you your manhood I gave you everything. You could've been one of the great ones buddy. I look at you and see myself... WHY?
Bud Fox: I don't know. I guest I realized that I'm just Bud Fox... and as much as I wanted to be Gordon Gekko, I'll always be Bud Fox.

Carl Fox: I don't go to bed with no whore, and I don't wake up with no whore. That's how I live with myself. What about you?

Gordon Gekko: Well you take it, right in the ass you scumbag cocksucker.

Gordon Gekko: This is the kid, calls me 59 days in a row, wants to be a player. There ought to be a picture of you in the dictionary under persistence kid.

Gordon Gekko: It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Bud Fox: Blue Horse Shoe Loves Anacot Steel.

Bud Fox: There's no nobility in poverty.

Marv: You've been a real schmuck lately. So go thou and sin no more.

Gordon Gekko: You stop sending me information, and you start getting me some.

Carl Fox: Money's only something you need in case you don't die tomorrow...

Gordon Gekko: It's all about bucks, kid. The rest is conversation.

Carl Fox: He's using you, kid. He's got your prick in his back pocket, but you're too blind to see it.
Bud Fox: No. What I see is a jealous old machinist who can't stand the fact that his son has become more successful than he has!
Carl Fox: What you see is a guy who never measured a man's success by the size of his WALLET!
Bud Fox: That's because you never had the guts to go out into the world and stake your own claim!
[Long Pause]
Carl Fox: Boy, if that's the way you feel, I must have done a really lousy job as a father.