MP and Volume Profile Questions

This is for me and any other folks who desire a better understanding and interpretation/reading of Market Profile and Volume Profile. Obviously, Bruce, Lorn and some others can probably address this best.

Many posts show the prior day's MP/VolProfile with the VAH/VAL and POC as a chart. Lorn regularly posts the "overnight" ES chart, typically coming into the RTH session.

I'll focus on just Volume Profile at this point. What are folks looking at for the VP ... the prior day's RTH session, with its VAH/VAL and POC? Or are folks incorporating the Overnight session (like Lorn posts) seperately ... or is it "better" to chart the prior day with the overnight, showing a "cumulative" picture coming into the current trading session?

Also, there are times when a post will describe the "meshing" of the past two day's VP activity ... and are folks just looking at HV and LV nodes? In addition, won't there be VAH/VAL and POC levels that are different from just the prior day?

Then there's the unfolding session where the VP (or MP) is being "built" in real time beginning with the RTH session. I think you've done a video on the current session unfolding, Bruce.

What is the arrangement of significance from the different mappings I've listed above (and others) that carries the most weight typically in analysis?

Been thru Dalton's stuff lightly and also Volume Profile analysis. But I'm looking for how one would decide to rank the HV and LV nodes, along with VAH and VAL along with POC. Charts will show variations based on what data is used. Fill me and others in if you will Bruce ... or Lorn ... or anyone who has been following the daily ES MP/VolProf analysis.

Hope this questioning makes sense. It'd be useful for me and hopefully others to better set up our software to track and watch what is being incorporated into the analysis for the posts.

MM
I'd like to add to this comment by Bruce on note taking. Utilizing MP concepts requires note taking. Write the numbers and zones down in a notebook and keep track of them.

This will help internalize the process of study and realization.

Originally posted by BruceM

If I keep accurate notes then do I need them to see what prices come up on the radar again and again ? No.

thank you, Bruce and Lorn.
Not sure if this is a good place for this but I know many like to take trades at the High volume zones. It doesn't matter if you define them with Volume ( VPOCs) or by time ( Pocs). Here is a pdf of a cheat sheet that may help some. This is from 2006 or 2007. I'm still trying to find in my materials who this is from so I can give credit where it is due. If anyone knows the source that please let me know.
Click link to access uploaded file:
POC's.pdf
A question to Day Trading. your post for June 13 2011- valu are and point of control numbers are for the June contract or September
Originally posted by khamore1

A question to Day Trading. your post for June 13 2011- valu are and point of control numbers are for the June contract or September

All figures poster for 9 June 2011 going forward are for September until that contract rolls over.

Not sure if this is a good place for this but I know many like to take trades at the High volume zones. It doesn't matter if you define them with Volume ( VPOCs) or by time ( Pocs). Here is a pdf of a cheat sheet that may help some. This is from 2006 or 2007. I'm still trying to find in my materials who this is from so I can give credit where it is due. If anyone knows the source that please let me know.
POC's.pdf

its from Balancetrader lesson 4.
Just a stupid question to DT- Why dont you post the numbers for the TF on your daily value area and point of control instead you post the numbers for DJIA any reason?
Ah yes.....good one Nkhoi...that would have drove me crazy...a good course and a genuine nice person.....So lets give credit to Frank.....wonder why he doesn't have a copyright on those notes...
Originally posted by nkhoi

POC's.pdf

its from Balancetrader lesson 4.
Originally posted by khamore1

Just a stupid question to DT- Why dont you post the numbers for the TF on your daily value area and point of control instead you post the numbers for DJIA any reason?

ICE started charging for the data, previously it was free.
Can someone please shed a light on this, (I'm confused)...

We all know that peak Volume and POCs are price attractors, but what about Single Prints, (or daily bar "air pockets")?.

This price action was demonstrated yesterday (Thursday) when price revisited the Wednesday bottom distribution bulge, but price continued to march upward to cover or "fill" the entire single print.

Can we say that Single Prints are also price attractors?
Is there a more advanced volume profile that has just started to be used in turkey?