ES 6-8-2011

From the perspective of the RTH session only as on this chart, you can see that Monday/Tuesday have been a big consolidation from last weeks down move. Are we seeing a break of the range to the downside here in the O/N? The only clue on this chart is down moves have come on surging volume, up moves on decreasing volume.

Low from 3-23 of 1279 has now been breached and if you look at a daily all session chart there is a gap in the data from the open on 3-18 of 1268.50 to the low on 3-21 of 1274.75.

Click image for original size
es30min06082011
short 23.25.....here it comes...I hope
that's 83.25......watching hour highs closely if they don't do the test now
Brucem What is your target?
NQ once again more negative but still holding above its O/N low.
it's as if they know what I am looking for......that was a tough spot to initiate just off the concept that they will run a low...that is right inside the range...adding at 24 even but keeping overall postion small...volume is dismal ahead of 2 pm release,,,need 22.50 to remain a magnet...
81.25 is ideal target but due to add on I will need to keep this tight if we trade back to 22.50 ..very poor trade location on my part
Originally posted by khamore1

If you get 22.50 today I'll eat my hat.

Originally posted by BruceM

81.25 is ideal target but due to add on I will need to keep this tight if we trade back to 22.50 ..very poor trade location on my part

this would have been such a better risk point because we were 2.5 points above the peak volume price....now for me to get my test it will require the market to make an outside bar on this 30 minute...and that happens but doesn't happen enough..especially in low volume....so that isn't likely...

this isn't looking great in general and watching new tick highs if they come as we are above 60 minute highs again...so a very risky hold now
A few traders say when IBM and GS are in the green and the market is red it is a cross market....
Oh I'm gonna get it Lorn.......we all know what happens when somebody thinks they know more than Mr. Market.....I'm trying to use Triple reverse psycology on myself and the market now....
Originally posted by Lorn

If you get 22.50 today I'll eat my hat.

Originally posted by BruceM

Originally posted by NickP

i thought the same thing when i looked at my screen after 4.30pm but then i noticed dtn-iq had rolled over to sep; don't know why, jun is still good till tomorrow afternoon, volume wise

My research shows that volume switches to the new contract at 9:30am tomorrow morning:

http://www.mypivots.com/articles/articles.aspx?artnum=10&page=5