ES Tue 8-2-11

Market profile single print left at 1291.25 during the Monday trading session. Market currently trading under it.

Click image for original size
ES single print on 1 Aug 2011
Originally posted by della

lisa see the vol at 58.00

This is what I have

2011 08 021531
it is a mess. NQ holds 2300, but has the last open gap below, so may close. Selllers rule today, in spite of the "deal" signing. That was a non-event for the market, to disappointment of many.
NQ 30-min chart. Today market tooke out all support levels, so may close the last gap

2011 08 021540
fyi, the deal passing was almost a certainty, that is why you saw no reaction. Same thing with the voting in the house yesterday

the reaction to the debt deal agreement was on the open on sunday but it was overshawdowed by the poor economic data yesterday and today, along with sovereign woes in europe

Originally posted by Lisa P

it is a mess. NQ holds 2300, but has the last open gap below, so may close. Selllers rule today, in spite of the "deal" signing. That was a non-event for the market, to disappointment of many.
NQ gap almost closed (low 2,295, not 2,294 I had) Here is volume on ES

2011 08 021545
Originally posted by apk781

fyi, the deal passing was almost a certainty, that is why you saw no reaction. Same thing with the voting in the house yesterday

the reaction to the debt deal agreement was on the open on sunday but it was overshawdowed by the poor economic data yesterday and today, along with sovereign woes in europe.

Ark, of course you are right. Trouble is we never know what news are important. I thought that trouble in EuroZone would roll the money into US market, but I was wrong.

BTW, the NQ gap is now closed. Anal MFs (pardon).