ES Thu 8-18-11

Single print left behind above us a 1194.75 in the H bracket on 8/17 (Wednesday). Coincidence that Wednesday's Market Profile long trade at the market was from the VAH at 1195.25 and now that support price has become a resistance line?

Click image for original size
ES overnight 18 August 2011
sorry Mike...I missed your post...The 36.50 signal happened a bit higher so it left little room for much profit into the 39.50 number.....The 32 was obviously a better trade....I'm just waiting for the signals and they are quick so trading and posting for me like this will not have much value to the reader.....the best thing would be to look at that volume chart I posted and understand how those levels are derived....it's all about these mini bell curves!!
Originally posted by Big Mike

Originally posted by BruceM

I use my renko and the footprint Lisa....I posted a chart last night in yesterdays thread...I'm basically watching the volume and the delta at key areas......much different then my previous style of averaging in......I prefer in this volatility to take a few shots at key zones with smaller stops

Small stops? Does this mean your long @36.50 failed and you re-entered @32.50 long?

Trying to follow along, thanks.

sorry Mike...I missed your post...The 36.50 signal happened a bit higher so it left little room for much profit into the 39.50 number.....The 32 was obviously a better trade....I'm just waiting for the signals and they are quick so trading and posting for me like this will not have much value to the reader.....the best thing would be to look at that volume chart I posted and understand how those levels are derived....it's all about these mini bell curves!!
Originally posted by Big Mike

I use my renko and the footprint Lisa....I posted a chart last night in yesterdays thread...I'm basically watching the volume and the delta at key areas......much different then my previous style of averaging in......I prefer in this volatility to take a few shots at key zones with smaller stops

Small stops? Does this mean your long @36.50 failed and you re-entered @32.50 long?

Trying to follow along, thanks.

Thanks Bruce, no apologies needed. If you could share a few more thoughts please.

1. You are looking at low volume areas. Either that level will repel and you may get a Delta signal to enter or it blows though to the next hi volume node, where you expect it to go back and retest the low volume node. Am I clear in that understanding?

2. Did you choose the Aug 11 profile because it was the most recent day with activity below yesterday's open, or was it for a different reason.

Thanks again Bruce, you've been a BIG help.
Big Mike,
question 1)

The market will not always blow past a low volume node and go to the high volume node . Quite often it just over shoots it and then I get the signal to get short or long. The overshoot runs out the stops from the people who are expecting the market to stop right at the low volume zone. You will see this quite often at single prints for example. Many use fixed stops on that trade and often they get taken out and the market returns to the low volume zone.

question 2) Correct..I used that day because it was below the open of yesterday so I want to know where the key numbers are below and above the open price so I have some references to work from