ES Thursday 10-13-11

I know many are getting new charts and becoming familiar with volume profiles. Here is the last two days for reference with the appropriate high and low volume marked off. This way those who are new can compare their charts to this one. Lots of good bell curves to work with once the 8:30 reports come out
Click image for original size
zones
If the bulls still want to give it one more test to 1216, and possibly 1229 with good spike after that I'm Ok with it. Maybe today and tomorrow.
Below is the "before the fact chart" with the pivots set up for today. I'm buying at 1195.75, just above the daily trend line.
Initial stop at 1192.75.

Will see what the market has for us, and as always, the market has the last word and in due time will show us the way.

I see for you the same I see for my self: Having the best of luck and fun, awesome profitable trading day!

before the fact chart sp 500 es 10 minutes pivots set up for 101311
That was fast. I 'm lending the market $150.00 bucks. This is getting a bit bearish now that it has moved down below the support trend line. I gonna have to have my bear hat near by.

Originally posted by sandoxe

If the bulls still want to give it one more test to 1216, and possibly 1229 with good spike after that I'm Ok with it. Maybe today and tomorrow.
Below is the "before the fact chart" with the pivots set up for today. I'm buying at 1195.75, just above the daily trend line.
Initial stop at 1192.75.

Will see what the market has for us, and as always, the market has the last word and in due time will show us the way.

I see for you the same I see for my self: Having the best of luck and fun, awesome profitable trading day!
Low volume at the 1204 area set up a nice trade.
chart645am
That was a beauty Lovedgor....especially for those who stay awake for those..but seriously...we have the traditional Value area low coming in right at 1204 too...so that made it even more powerful ...nice chart!!
what I'm looking for once the 8:30 report hits is for the market to do the "peek-a-boo" above 1196 to look for shorts or else I will look for longs down near the 85 - 86 number...

These reports can push fast and hard in the overnight so obvious caution on all trades is advised with lighter contracts
Nice chart! Great signal. Smiling to the bank.-.-.

Originally posted by lovedgor

Low volume at the 1204 area set up a nice trade.
chart645am

still looking at that 96.00 for short ? like a wall this morning
small gap this morning
heavy volume at 1202 also so IF we get a long or are long for some reason then that is a problem area
depends...not great when we open right inside a 2 point low volume zone ..I'd like to see a push higher near 97.50 to run those overnight stops
Originally posted by della

still looking at that 96.00 for short ? like a wall this morning
Below is the 10 minutes follow up chart or "after the fact chart" Today was not my day. After the first trade I knew it was best to stay away. Did one more trade and luckily got stop out at B.E. But, I still lend the market $150.00 for the day.
In trading, you will find, that, no matter what system you have, or how good of a trader you are, there will be days when you are not in the "zone" Those are days that it's better to close shop and go play.......

sp 500 es 10 minutes chart pivots set up for 10 13 2011 after the fact chart
Originally posted by sandoxe

Initial stop at 1192.75.

before the fact chart sp 500 es 10 minutes pivots set up for 101311