ES Tuesday 10-18-11

We are declining into a big bell curve that is bounded by the 94 - 95 and the 85.25 - 86....everything in between those areas is just high volume consolidation. As usual the trades we take will be based on where we open in the day session.

Other areas of interest are the 1202.50 - 1205 and then 1209 - 1211.25.

Below we have 80 - 81 and 75 - 76. You can scroll back and see previous days entries and charts but I'd really like anyone reading to find the areas on their own if they find value in these trade concepts. We don't want to depend on anyone to derive our areas.
Now anyone who is really thinking needs to focus on this ...long traders want to keep price on the upside of the 91.50 peak volume from the other day and the 94 - 95 zone.....they don't want to price to get under the 91 and build time under there...

they want to try and keep it in the upper part of the bell curve from 10-13....!!! critical..
I donot look at the volume from O/N session once the day session begins...!!
Originally posted by NickP

i have peak volume from today at 89.5, and 91 if you take into account o/n...wonder how you see 95 as peak volume bruce
that's me done at 97.50.....cool and a bit lucky for me to hold that long...we are also at the other key number again!!
fine, even during rth i see 89.5 as peak volume, with 91 a close second...that is why i asked the question
10 point+ run from LOD

OK, I'm going to work in the gardens

Everyone here is invited to my "weeding and mulch-spreading" party.

Think twice before you decline acceptance of the invitation because if you don't show up for the weeding and mulch-spreading party, then you will NOT be invited to the fire-wood stacking party next week.
No Paul..I'm only using the overnight to confirm the bell curve areas created in the day session...

Look at 10-11...we had the low volume at 85 - 86.25....then on 10-13 we came back to test that area and it held....

Perhaps someone ( Oh Lorn old pal) could post a merged profile of 10-11 through 10-13.....but you don't need to use that to see this paul...look at last Thrusdays lows and compare it to 1:30 lows that held up the market on wednesday....that is showing that Wednesdays Bell curve is still valid...let me know if that helps..I don't want to confuse you..in private is ok too...
Originally posted by PAUL9

Congrats, Bruce.

I have a question, the very first post you made today cited a bell curve and the 85.25 level, but what was that from? overnight Low

multiple day VP?
what data feed..? U are using volume and not TPO's? Sorry but have to ask..I now have peak volume at 96.50 and secondary peak volume is 89.75...can anyone confirm..?

fine, even during rth i see 89.5 as peak volume, with 91 a close second...that is why i asked the question
Nick..do u have low volume from today still at 94 ?
i am using dtn-iq....now we agree on the 96.5 and 89.5ish as second peak...but when you mentioned 95 as peak it was not even close...89.5 was peak

anyway, just wanted to confirm i was not missing anything...data varies across vendors of course

congrats on your trading

Originally posted by BruceM

what data feed..? U are using volume and not TPO's? Sorry but have to ask..I now have peak volume at 96.50 and secondary peak volume is 89.75...can anyone confirm..?

It would be nice to see them push it up above our 02.50 number ..just gotta wait and make time for an Earl Grey...addicted to that now!!
I'm burned out from forum life...LOL....but I'll leave you with this today.....we had the 23.75 area marked as a long term Auction high from yesterdays thread. We also had the last low volume area from yesterday thread marked at 1217.

That news event spike blew through the 1217 without a retest at first . Some may have been thinking that my volume idea was going to fail and the 1217 was going to be passed on by. I was thinking that myself. Once we started to get back under the 23.75 long term bracket then you owed it to yourself to start thinking about the 1217 again...

main numbers as I type going into tomorrows trade will be

93.75 - 95

1202 - 1204

1207 - 1208

and 1213.75 - 1215.25 but I'm not sure that this won't be filled in before we close...we'll see

good luck!