ES Friday 10-21-2011

Et tu 1215?

Click image for original size
esvwap10212011
Did anyone short the 35 area? It bo above 30 so that short was a difficult trade to take... If you did, can you explain why?
extremely low volume today, we haven't even cracked 2 million contracts with 90 minutes to go in the day (we had more volume on labor day monday than today)...stats aside, today i think is a good example of shorts being squeezed...nobody expects any news to come out of europeover the weekend (results moved to wednesday) so shorts had to capitulate, at least for now

have a good wknd
i did at 123450.. 5 min chart outside bar..slowstoch set 833 overbought..go up in time frames(10,15,30,60) slow stoch is overbought..its was only 2 min into that 30 min bar so i beleive it had to retrace some..also it had move 10 points plus from open..thats my reason for the trade..also give me a little more guts was lisa say the gap there too.

take care
duck

ps exit at 123000 even cause of the support at 122900
lisa anything going on up here BLUE or RED? footprints
Originally posted by della

lisa anything going on up here BLUE or RED? footprints

nothing special, just chopping
thank lisa i have to send you a email on something ok
having problems with broker's software. Anyone else has IB hang up?
FED: QE3 warranted
have a good weekend everyone
i think the right line to post would be:

"Fed’s Yellen Says QE3 May Be Warranted If More Easing Needed"

which is sthg i believe nobody doubts

Originally posted by Lisa P

FED: QE3 warranted
Thx Duck, I think 1230 was a very reasonable exit.. I didn't see any resistance@1235 or thereabouts... though LV, it was a fresh BO.. but the 10pt move from opening and a short to 1230 sound reasonable...

Have a good weekend all!