To Day trading

I think it would be very helpful if you gave Bruce his own forum. His many followers would be very pleased.
I think that Bruce and I have discussed this in the past (Bruce correct me if I'm wrong) and at that time Bruce didn't feel that it was necessary. If Bruce would like his own forum here all he has to do is ask me and I'll set it up in a heartbeat. I don't think, however, that's what he wants or will solve the problem from last week which is what I'm guessing you want to find a solution to?

If anybody else has ideas for improving the discussion in the daily ES trading topic then feel free to post them here.

Personally I thought that the voting worked very well as it was letting traders know which posts are appreciated and which are not.
Thanks day trading for your input. I hope Bruce will give it some serious thought. Prior to last week, I felt the posters who were every day members gave valuable added imput to Bruces overall game plan. The forum was running fine as the day to day crowd understood how to be helpful at the same time realizing that Bruce was the Commander and Chief. No comments were ever ridiculed although, sometimes it was necessary to inform new poster what made this a top notch forum. I feel without it plainly stated that it is Bruces forum, from time to time someone comes on and tries to show us what a great trader they are. This is of no interest to us and only leads to an unproductive situation. Bruce, I know every day you dont post is a day many of us are not learning. I look forward to reading your thoughs every morning as it helps to set up my trading plan.
rburns: I agree with your sentiments and will continue to help Bruce in any way that I can. I know that Bruce doesn't want this to be a one-way street where he's doing all the teaching (and repeating himself) as I know that he wants to learn from your comments as well.
Originally posted by day trading

rburns: I agree with your sentiments and will continue to help Bruce in any way that I can. I know that Bruce doesn't want this to be a one-way street where he's doing all the teaching (and repeating himself) as I know that he wants to learn from your comments as well.

While I am certain Bruce also wishes to expand his abilities with help from forumites, I don't see that happening except in the form of relevant, thought provoking questions.

From my perspective Bruce has to be in the top 1/2% of all "basement traders", i.e. individuals at home trading only their own money. A few others on the forum may fall into this category as well, but very few.

From what I've seen at other forums, this is THE place to be, especially for ES. I am fortunate to have found this place when I did, but I don't think it can provide what Bruce is looking for if I understand his deires.

Our best hope is that Bruce returns, maybe to his own forum, when he is rejuvenated.

Thanks again Bruce and others.
Big Mike & Rburn,
It kind of sounds to me like you want Bruce to continue to call out trades for you like he's been doing for a long time on here without you having to give much meaningful input in return except in the form of more questions directed towards him with you defining what is "thought provoking".. From what I've read and I followed him as well to learn MP, he has taught in great detail, and I've incorporated much of it into my own method and it has improved my trading.. With as much time as you've been on here, you should also have a good handle on how he trades and not be so distraught that he's not here to call out trades for you.. It seems to me that he's doing all the giving while you have no interest in offering in return except flattery.. Calling out trades is very tough to do because it can goto your price with momentum and volume, which can change the set up entirely, and then there is TOD and how price tests both sides.. If you focused on what he was teaching and not on the trade calls, you should be just fine by now...
TZ
As far as I’m concerned I would like to see Bruce having his own paid chat room I will happily be his first paying customer, right now I’m paying for a room which does not give me even 10% of what Bruce give here for free
Originally posted by tradezilla

Big Mike & Rburn,
It kind of sounds to me like you want Bruce to continue to call out trades for you like he's been doing for a long time on here without you having to give much meaningful input in return except in the form of more questions directed towards him with you defining what is "thought provoking".. From what I've read and I followed him as well to learn MP, he has taught in great detail, and I've incorporated much of it into my own method and it has improved my trading.. With as much time as you've been on here, you should also have a good handle on how he trades and not be so distraught that he's not here to call out trades for you.. It seems to me that he's doing all the giving while you have no interest in offering in return except flattery.. Calling out trades is very tough to do because it can goto your price with momentum and volume, which can change the set up entirely, and then there is TOD and how price tests both sides.. If you focused on what he was teaching and not on the trade calls, you should be just fine by now...
TZ

I do not take even half the trade setups that Bruce calls, in fact I seldom check back after the open, as it is too distracting for me.

What Bruce has done is assist me in developing my own trading plan and I develop my numbers and double check them with bruce or Lorn's. My numbers (lelvels) are good so, no I do not need nor want anyone to call a trade for me.

I do wish to further my knowledge, but your style does not interest me so I will spend no time nor effort trying to learn what you do.

Have a good day sir, just have it somewhere else please.
Big Mike,

Don't take it the wrong way and my comments are not intended to offend, only straight forward..

MP/VP levels are often very clear and straight forward, they are LVNs/HVNs/VAH/VAL/IB, perhaps some composite... However, I did learn a lot of applications from the way Bruce applied it from his comments and I use it in my own way.. I know you're not interested in my method but there's no need to be hostile about it.. what for?