ES Wednesday 3-7-12

some videos, BLAST and my basic plan..good luck today
No video below? Try this link: wednesday.swf

No video below? Try this link: wed2.swf

nice quick trade johnpr...keep it up

Originally posted by johnpr2010

ALL OUT NICE SCALP FOR ME... NO MORE TRADE FOR TODAY...
Thanks Bruce, I think the scalp short may be good here right now.. the reason is that cash is selling this off some and futures is buying indicated by the delta.
Price was 2.25 when as I was typing that last post - the assumption on this trade for me would be 50 - under 50 the assumption would be closing the single or just short of it at VWAP
the stop loss would be 3, 2 ticks above swing high if this short didn't go..
The dynamics of that premise has changed so if price still does not do what I expect in 1-2 5min bars, I exit at either a small profit or get stopped out...
sorry ..having some laptop problems...yes I do think her work is still valid but haven't seen her current work. I think she has altered her use of the $ticks to be used more like momentum but still uses them for fades early on in the day
Originally posted by horse43

Do you think her work is still valid in today's markets Bruce?

and for APK, im not affiliated with her or her site, just have that setup today, and wanted to reference where i get ideas or information from to see if others had opinions on it.
I'm short 54 due to TOD into a level - stop@56, target till the market close around 4:15, I'm thinking 52, possibly 50 if I'm lucky...
thanks bruce, forgot another one of her setups hit today on the daily chart on $SPX. ADX above 30, hit the 20 ema, buy stop new high with stop a new low. so both this one and the gap edge hit today on a buy stop of 1349.75. may have to get a swing trade on this.

Problem is ES is the least likely index/commodity to trend and continue a trend so we'll see.

either way 1338.25 is a good refernce for longs to base a stop on. It was the value area low of that 2 week balance and now a stop on these 2 setups.

Originally posted by BruceM

sorry ..having some laptop problems...yes I do think her work is still valid but haven't seen her current work. I think she has altered her use of the $ticks to be used more like momentum but still uses them for fades early on in the day
one off @52, holding last for either stop out@BE 54 or till 4:15
good trade Jedi, i was looking at taking it on the 5 minute chart after the doji but couldn't pull the trigger.

Originally posted by Jedi

I'm short 54 due to TOD into a level - stop@56, target till the market close around 4:15, I'm thinking 52, possibly 50 if I'm lucky...
Great input today folks. It is really appreciated.