Which futures market is easier for beginners?

Original question: If ES is the best traders and hardest to trade, what futures market is easier for beginners?

I have been told GOLD. Wonder if Oil is good to trade? or what other.

Looking for least risk, with some movement in daily market.
ex. ES is $50 a point... what markets are lower risk against not the best traders in the world?

thanks for any info.
"The best market" largely depends on your trading style.

Momentum and Volatility, thin markets: CL and TF, followed by GC and NQ

Range Bound and Market Profile centric, deep markets: ES and ZN

Generally, spoiled ES traders hate CL and likewise momentum addicted CL traders hate ES. Two ends of the volatility spectrum.

Personally, I have found the gold stock ETF's pretty easy to trade. You might take a look in that direction. If you do well with that for a few months, then maybe dip a toe into the GC contract.
Originally posted by pt_emini

"The best market" largely depends on your trading style.

Momentum and Volatility, thin markets: CL and TF, followed by GC and NQ

Is TF really that thin? Seems to be one of the more popular markets among e-mini traders. Not as much as ES or NQ, for sure, but still has its share of fans. I am not sure why you think it's on par with CL? Not that I know anything about CL, never looked into it, but it's the first time that I see someone refer to TF as a thin market.
I find that those markets that are largely followed by many are the hardest to trade.

Recently I have been trading the five year notes and wheat.
If you trade interest rate products, you must understand the yields.
Since the Fed announcement I was long the underlying and short the yield with trailing stops.
Wheat I am just out right long.

Day trading the ES is a disaster, works on paper fantastically. In real life it would test push your limits....this is not for me.
I agree above with the ES.slippage is big.
The TF ( the old ER2) is a good trending market.
I hear also that CL is as well, check out the charts historically.
But I do not know what the margin is required for CL, but it sure
has great trends, and you can do well on trending markets, if you
have ( and most importantly) follow your trade plan.
All the best,
gk.
*Also, yes, TF was thinly traded after it changed symbols from ER2 to TF, but the market has
come back. Slippage in the beginning of TF was high, but not so much now, if at all...
Originally posted by Greg88

I agree above with the ES.slippage is big.
The TF ( the old ER2) is a good trending market.
I hear also that CL is as well, check out the charts historically.
But I do not know what the margin is required for CL, but it sure
has great trends, and you can do well on trending markets, if you
have ( and most importantly) follow your trade plan.
All the best,
gk.
*Also, yes, TF was thinly traded after it changed symbols from ER2 to TF, but the market has
come back. Slippage in the beginning of TF was high, but not so much now, if at all...

CL is not bad, but I prefer to trade it at night as the mean reversion is better.
During the day, the slippage and volatility is something I am yet to get a handle on.
CL is also a very trending markets, and if I had a larger account (more than $100K) I would hold it for weeks.
ES is better for the beginner