ES Thursday 9-13-12

Today is Fed Day and also Rollover Day. Here is a chart from last Fed Day on 1/August/2012. Announcement was at 2:15pm that day. Today it will be at 12:30pm.

I think this afternoons series of trades is a good example of having good places to engage the enemy but not always winning the battle !!
so right bruce ! nailing an area to the tick is only half of the job, winning the battle is definetely a completely different story

i would bet on only one single print filling this afternoon so aftert 53-53.5, it will get really tough

also, i am not seeing the gaps in the data u mentioned, so may be they are specific to the dec contract
c'mon..u know u want to see what happened at 1444!!..

I have a real problem when we back off highs and volume dries up so much...damn!!
I'm in December now Nick
i know, was just saying those gaps are not there (or at least i did not see them) in the sep contract

Originally posted by BruceM

I'm in December now Nick
will get interesting if we make new highs as all the shorts cover...I'm giving this more room then usually because I am not adding
ok thanks Nick
instead of holding after that dip I covered at entry and am trying again from 51.75..trying for the 48 volume now..this is 4th set of single they are working on ....how cool is that..I WILL add at 54.75 if needed
revising first target to 49.25 to make back for the one losing trade in this series
on the sept contract we filled that third single print right at 53.5 level i noted and turned around

so by my count this is still the third single print

Originally posted by BruceM

instead of holding after that dip I covered at entry and am trying again from 51.75..trying for the 48 volume now..this is 4th set of single they are working on ....how cool is that..I WILL add at 54.75 if needed
Thanks for the update ETM! Appreciate the follow-up.