ES 10-18-12

Hoping to get a video up later but for now I see it like this:

Critical zone is 53.75 - 55.75 and this is much better as a magnet but if you see it go up into there and you get a nice volume divergence then it's ok to short...Last weeks RTH high is at 53.50 so it is no surprise at that battle....look at how that 53.75 played out in O/N session too.

Va Low is right there from yesterday also.

My preference is to have market drop down in the 48.50 - 50.50 zone...50.50 was that HUGH volume on open print from yesterday and 48.50 is yesterdays lows...lots of volume to support price under there..

next long zone is down in the 45 - 46 zone as per yesterdays video ramblings...there is a low volume area from yesterday at 52.50 but I prefer to see them push it lower then that because we didn't see much back and forth trade in yesterdays session below that price.

Normally I like to see back and forth trade battle and then price pushes away to leave the low volume behind...we didn't have too much of that only about 30 minutes worth of trade before we broke away and up and formed that lvn at 52.50..I just don't like that one

The 8:30 report volume come is at 1455.75 so that goes well with our magnet zone mentioned above

so agressive traders can sell the 53.75 - 55.75 but I am hoping we can get some long trades on from lower prices in 48.50 - 50.50 zone

above yesterdays highs we have the 59.50 - 60.50 and then 62.75 - 63.75

Hope all knock it outta the park today..single print in On as I type at 53.50.......last weeks highs again !!
Originally posted by NickP

can you expand a bit on this setup? i am sure is different from your other setup where you watch the close of the "c" period inside the ib after breaking its high/low and take the trade in the opposite direction

thanks !

Originally posted by Big Mike

"C" period failed to break IB, long above "C" to IB high and still going on YM.

Good luck to all.

Same setup basically. IB today closed lower, couldn't break lower in the "C" so it's likely to be going higher. So I hop on board.
Originally posted by NickP

can you expand a bit on this setup? i am sure is different from your other setup where you watch the close of the "c" period inside the ib after breaking its high/low and take the trade in the opposite direction

thanks !

That is the essence of my trading at varying points on the chart. Those points are typical prior highs, swing highs or the IB. 30m chart, nice and slow for me now at age 53-LOL.

The indices make a lot of "head fakes" IMO. I've learned to try and take advantage of those failed breaks (my perception)and use those trapped as fuel.

Good luck to all, Happy Friday!
busting out for a mini vacation in an hour or so ...for today we have 48.50, 51.50 and that 45 - 46 area nelow O/N low
enjoy your time off bruce