Election Celebration

And the election celebration continues with news from Google

Search term with the largest increase in queries since the election...(drum roll)

[RENOUNCE CITIZENSHIP]
that's so funny...I'd like to see somebody follow up on these folks that have threatened to do that and those who say they are leaving the country....it's too funny for words...lets see where these bags of wind are in a year from now....bet they still live in the greatest country in the world.....the U.S.A !

some people just like to complain and hear themselves talk....they need to get on with life and get back to living....

sometimes it is like we are back in High Scool..so much drama out there...what a bunch of babies!!!
A local news channel Traffic Reporter in Oklahoma after saying he had received a lot of requests he went and showed the traffic route to Canada with instructions lol

But seriously the number of people expating has been on the rise big time in the last few years. So much so that they have made it more difficult to renounce your citizenship (the only way to get out of taxes for US citizens)
it certainly isn't the American way to run away from trouble so these people don't belong here anyway. I say let them go. Who needs cowards and quitters like that in the country ?
A lot of those "cowards and quitters" are immigrants who take great risks to come here for a better life. Now, if they see better opportunities for freedom and economic gain in other places...

Those "cowards and quitters" are what built this nation, unless you have different terms for the founders of our country.
In America we don't try to stop people from having opportunities...so if these people see opportunity elsewhere then let them go find it elsewhere. Don't try to stop them...that would be against freedom ...

"the land of the free and the home of the brave"

you don't make a country stronger by leaving that country when times are tough. That would be selfish and not what my idea of America is about.
A lot of people came to America because they were being persecuted in their country of origin.

Remember that it's easy to talk but very few people actually follow through. It reminds me of a great scene from the film Outsourced where an American customer claims that he isn't going to buy a product because it's not made in America. The rep on the phone provides details of a competitor company that makes and sells the product in the USA but when the customer discovers the price he decides that a more economical product is more desirable than his patriotism.
Folks [RENOUNCE CITIZENSHIP] wow ! That's tough ... People are, what's the word
I can't think of it right now. I got an alert I was unfriended by three people on FB and I have never been on FB .. LOL
oh yea I know the word now "CRAZY" ...

Originally posted by BruceM

In America we don't try to stop people from having opportunities...so if these people see opportunity elsewhere then let them go find it elsewhere. Don't try to stop them...that would be against freedom ...

"the land of the free and the home of the brave"

you don't make a country stronger by leaving that country when times are tough. That would be selfish and not what my idea of America is about.

I am not in that camp yet, but I'm sure those who are think their freedoms are being eroded away and would rather be here when the erosion is complete. By offering certain groups more opportunities, it is by default limiting other people's opportunities. Typically one cannot have that discussion in public.

If the expatriation ever gains a little traction, the additional consequence is that USA will be a less attractive destination for the bright and hardworking potential immigrants. A reverse brain drain if you will, they will never arrive here.

As traders we certainly must remember that capital seeks the best opportunities, a natural law of economics.

Good luck to all.
Originally posted by redsixspeed

Folks [RENOUNCE CITIZENSHIP] wow ! That's tough ... People are, what's the word
I can't think of it right now. I got an alert I was unfriended by three people on FB and I have never been on FB .. LOL
oh yea I know the word now "CRAZY" ...

I'm sure the founding fathers were thought of as a little crazy too, until their plan worked.

Is it crazy for Cubans to float a 1953 Buick to Miami? Sure it is! Does that make it necessarily wrong?
I'm just wondering if Randy Quaid is still holed up in Canada and if the Hollywood "hit men" are still after him. And wtf does his bro Dennis think about "Uncle Eddie" doing the Canada Christmas Vacation thingy? Talk about crazy! Makes more sense to me than politics and politicians here these days. Maybe we can do an even-for-even trade: We send all the Washington politicians to Canada ... and get Randy back. Sounds reasonable to me!

Click image for original size
randy quaid

Now there's a representive this Monkey would vote for!
Which is more patriotic, those who vote with their feet, those who don't vote at all or those who vote in benefits for themselves?