2/01/2013

come out and play where ever you are..lol..ya i would vote it down.
number i got are 1506,,1500,,1496,,1493,

good luck everyone
as long as we can hold above 1500 - 1500.50 then that high at 1506 should be our target but there is one area that may get in the way and that is 1503.50..not much else happening up here
bruce good eye on 3.50 number
no fill on 1500..got to learn how to change number. i got this problem any ideas how to over come this
Originally posted by duck

no fill on 1500..got to learn how to change number. i got this problem any ideas how to over come this

I'm no expert but I usually give the market some leeway. If my target is 1500 for instance I will rest my order a tick or so above for the fill. Same on the way out, If the target this morning was the Globex high at 06.00 my sell is at 05.75. I'll give her that half point all the time.

You can make your entry a MIT order which stands for Market if Touched. What happens is you will be filled at whatever market is (ES usually 1 tick against you)if your target price is hit.
myptofvu and bkay59 thanks for the ideas.
I like all those ideas mentioned for you Duck. I use mostly market orders on entries and just like the MIT order you will miss out on a tic or two but you never miss the move. You read on some forums how a tic or two can add up over time and that is very true if you lose and have bad spots of entry but in my experience there is nothing worse than missing out on a 2.5 - 4 point move or more because you wanted to save a tic on entry.

to me it's not worth using limit orders except when you have spots to scale out ( runners) and you don't want to manage a trade as agressive as you do on entry.
and just so you know we are agressively voting this post down today...so far a minus 3...great work !!

come out and play where ever you are..lol..ya i would vote it down.
bruce its always easier to mess up than to do a good post..
RTH low volume at 2.75, 03.00 has shown support since trading above. Will be interesting to see what happens if we go below 03.00