ES 5-10-13

here's what I have today :

Spent more time on the long side spots because we are still one time framing and in bull markets they like to make lows early in the week and highs towards the end.

You can use the VA high of yesterday for a short spot and then the 31 - 32 zone....short trades are more aggressive today

forgot to mention that pushing out the O/N lows will also get us back to the weekly R1 area at 23.50 for confluence..In general we are balancing the last two days so we need to trade as if it will stay in balance until volume breaks it out..

It is much better to take the long trades and buy below value because we are trending on longer time frames up even though the last two days show balance..

My ideal long trade first will be into the 23 - 24 ...Then I will try under that double low preferably close to 1618 if possible

ideal short will see them push above 1629.50 first

No video below? Try this link: friday.swf

oh man..they are rockin it today.......Luv this SH*T !!

with a little luck they will push to the other side of value ...
ideal to see this stay above 26.75 - 27.75 on any delcline now
volume is still inside of yesterday so even though we have made new lows I am not overly bearish yet....if it wasn't for that double low I would be more aggressive on longs down here off this LVN zone
ideally we want this long to stay inside the 1623 in order to go back to that 26 area...problem for me is I don't have much working to scale out on the way up
Bruce,
thanks for the comments and videos.

in your first one today,
why is it that you wanted to see price move up first for a short?
Paul..since we were balanced I would have taken any fade that came my way first But I preferred the long side ones today.....

I really only work off the levels the first time they hit...often it doesn't matter which ones hit first EXCEPT in this example I am giving now..

EXAMPLE: We open and test a VA low and drive all the way back up through value ( we didn't drive all the way through today)..once that happens then short trades are higher risk for two reasons.

1 they rejected lower prices and

2 how many times should we expect to trade on both sides of a bell curve ?

Once we start on one side and get to the other is it wise to expect to come outside the Lows again ? Not a high probability but it happens...

merge Wednesday and Thursday and you will see that it DID happened today....

so if I had taken a short AFTER we trade to that VA low it would have been a smaller campaign...does that make sense ?

damn can I babble !!
I apologize for wasting your time with that last question, because you answered with the phrase you had already in the first comment

"Spent more time on the long side spots because we are still one time framing and in bull markets they like to make lows early in the week and highs towards the end."

I win the dummy award.
I'd like to congratulate myself with an early quit for the day and large volumes of brew over lunch.
classic balance trade today and now we have a buying tail on the lows...

I see no signs that anything has changed from balance..
Bruce, we were both replying at the same time.
no problem Paul...the more I answer questions and post about stuff then the more it sinks into my brain...it gets embedded...so my posting is always a benefit to me too

Repetition-is-the- mother-of-skill.com

Originally posted by PAUL9

I apologize for wasting your time with that last question, because you answered with the phrase you had already in the first comment

"Spent more time on the long side spots because we are still one time framing and in bull markets they like to make lows early in the week and highs towards the end."

I win the dummy award.
I'd like to congratulate myself with an early quit for the day and large volumes of brew over lunch.
I appreciate your feedback... Many thanks! I see and agree with what you say. I was thinking of shorting at 25.50ish, close to your 26 mark, but was and still am undecided. I'm gonna go watch a movie and start my weekend...

It's nice to see you enjoying the day, but it's days like this that drive me NUTS! (chuckle)... Again, big THANKS! Have a great weekend all.