ES 6-5-13

basic plan is to use the 30 area as a magnet but will watch the 26 - 24 area for clues and the 33 - 35 area..those are first two areas for me to trade...

heres why
No video below? Try this link: wednesday.swf

wow...lucky day...just covered at 13.50...the LVN is upon us !!
Question Bruce... You and Koolblue use to make exact predictions for fun.... Well 1607.25 was my exact bottom (not intended for trade entry) and I missed it by that much (day is not over though).

Question is... We are down 18 points... Your prediction was 8.50-9.00... mine was 7.25... Why would the may 3rd single print NOT be taken out? Is this something that may be covered in the overnight tonight... My thinking would be yes.

I'm baffled. Single prints are covered all the time, but for some reason I don't think they'll break the 1600 mark today... I would not know how to explain this though. Any insight?
the simple answer is that somebody with more money that you or I decided that it was good spot to buy ..I find that they usually don't push out beyond 3 - 4 lows before a reaction sets in..today we broke 7 lows..!!!

we can NEVER really know what will happen..we can go on probabilities So I don't have an answer to your question...perhaps the beige book will take your low....but how does one hold through the big drawdown just to get a few xtra points of profit...

today we had lots of confluence at those lows with multiple methods/ideas which increased the odds that somebody might be attracted to buy the low prices...

wish I had a real answer but I gave up long ago trying to predict a longer term move in the ES....I just snap the levels and trade them...sometimes we get lucky and catch something bigger but I don't know how anyone holds long term in The ES when every 2.5 - 4 point moves seems to have some reaction
Originally posted by TradeQueen

Question Bruce... You and Koolblue use to make exact predictions for fun.... Well 1607.25 was my exact bottom (not intended for trade entry) and I missed it by that much (day is not over though).

Question is... We are down 18 points... Your prediction was 8.50-9.00... mine was 7.25... Why would the may 3rd single print NOT be taken out? Is this something that may be covered in the overnight tonight... My thinking would be yes.

I'm baffled. Single prints are covered all the time, but for some reason I don't think they'll break the 1600 mark today... I would not know how to explain this though. Any insight?
Koolblue was really into and much better at predictions than I will ever be..I find them fun and often they can line up with numbers/levels...beyond that it doesn't do me much good....
koolblue still around?
I haven't seen KB around in a long time. search shows he's not been around for about a year... At least signed on anyway...

awww just shot past my 7.25... gotta go

Voted best answer!

Originally posted by BruceM

today we had lots of confluence at those lows with multiple methods/ideas which increased the odds that somebody might be attracted to buy the low prices...

Re: Kool... I remember back even then you didn't like it very much. But the both of you would keep me in awe when either one of you nailed it!

Every once in a while I get lucky and the guys at work think I'm psychic. Wish my wallet believed that!
yeah, it's fun when a prediction hits...but I just want to make money trading !!
Originally posted by TradeQueen

Voted best answer!

Originally posted by BruceM

Re: Kool... I remember back even then you didn't like it very much. But the both of you would keep me in awe when either one of you nailed it!

Every once in a while I get lucky and the guys at work think I'm psychic. Wish my wallet believed that!