ES Tuesday 11-5-13

levels I am watching.....that 58 - 59 is still the dividing line between the buyers who want last weeks highs and the sellers who want to get the lows
No video below? Try this link: tuesday.swf

PT for those of us who want to experiment with your chart/setup do u suggest we look at all session data or just RTH ? The age old question
Originally posted by BruceM

PT for those of us who want to experiment with your chart/setup do u suggest we look at all session data or just RTH ? The age old question

That's a tricky question to answer definitively as I think it is a matter of personal preference. This is what I do however...

For anything faster than 15 minute time frame I always use 'All Sessions' data. So that specifically includes the important 5 minute chart and it's keltner bands which tend to narrow going into the RTH Open, then expand outward. Any kind of tick, range, or volume charts I always use All Sessions in order to maintain indicator continuity. Gap open's are not friendly to indicators on fast time frames.

For 15, 30, 60, 120 minute charts I personally prefer to use the RTH session only, and leave out the overnight stuff. I like to have a nice clean view of the opening gap, and it does not typically blow up the indicators on these slower time frames. Often we will see an overnight gap to one of the keltner's on the 15 or 60, as we saw this morning. Those levels can be important during the first hour or two of the RTH session.

I think i mentioned this in an earlier post today, but my 'Market Analysis' monitor has 4 charts on it: 60 minute RTH, 15 minute RTH, 5 minute All Sessions, and the 2 minute All Sessions. I have those 4 charts 'linked' together so I can flip from market to market as need be during the day. My active markets are: ES, NQ, YM, TF, CL , ( YM and TF are primarily for reference).
Originally posted by rburns

Ho Ho Ho Thanks DT

You're very welcome - how easy was that?