ES Thursday 2-6-14

well I spent at least 1/2 hour trying to put together 3 videos for Wednesdays trade and it seems few are interested....that's ok as I don't want to waste my time or anyone else's so if nobody is getting anything out of them then there is no reason to make them...I'm cool with that...It's actually faster and easier to just post a chart or nothing at all....

this isn't about votes or any of that...I just don't want to put in the time if nobody has feedback ( good or bad) or can contribute to the ideas....so we'll keep it to just a chart for Thursdays trade.....well compare these levels in the morning..two days have created some volume at 45.50 so we need to be aware of that.
Click image for original size
esh4
Interesting Web site on Order Flow - only supports a few platforms as of yet. Watched webinar last night on Big Mikes trading forum.

http://www.bookmap.com/
Hey guys , hate to see my friends having a rough day...posted this morning at 6:42am est..it may help for tomorrow
Click image for original size
es 03 14 daily 9252013 262014
Originally posted by sharks57

Interesting Web site on Order Flow - only supports a few platforms as of yet. Watched webinar last night on Big Mikes trading forum.

http://www.bookmap.com/

Hey sharks, missed the webinar but have access to it when archived. How well did they describe how to use the product? The website doesn't provide much information regarding that - couldn't find a manual either. Also, did they mention anything about a data source when test driving the free version? Must one have the same data providers listed for the "live" paid version?

MM
Some other facts that may be of help(or at least are interesting)... the correction so far is (drumroll please!) 6.18%. I have shown that the average correction since 2009 is closer to 8% and avg time is 2 months. For these reasons and others my guess is the correction is likely not over yet. Also, the most recent corrections for the past 2 years have gone 6weeks or 9 weeks( this is week 6).
The data source is the one used with your platform, I agree the website is vague though some screenshots to show product. I would say watch the webinar to gain some prospective. Its an interesting product to gauge order flow only not a trading methodology. Can place orders as well, they may be enhancing it in future versions.

Hope this helps
Is 68.75 in the cards finally??
Finally covered the 2/3 single prints.
It appears that 68.75 was a decent area for a short, needed more context than just a single print, but got delta divergence on my footprint charts too... They could easily push higher
shark it was a rat number too
yes and don't forget to look at what area from a previous day they blew through to make that single print...look at the swing lows and buying tail from the trading on 1- 31...those swings at around 10:30 in the morning...they were buying swings on that day....so it becomes resistance on the way back up...that's what most of the lines turn out to be.....
I agree ...that's when it becomes real important to see what happened with good old fashioned price action.......it can make a big tail or any large single print area a bit more manageable...also a great question to also ask your self is " are we able to hold in or out of value from previous days ?"...the time Value area high from monday was 59.50...so blowing through there and leaving a single print behind is sending a message.....which is always easier to see in hindsight...but might help if you trade outside the first 90 minutes etc..
Originally posted by sharks57

thx for clarifying Bruce, those profile tails still baffle me somewhat.