ES Thursday 2-13-14

Hopefully somebody is trying to get long at Tuesdays VA low...VPOC just flipped to the low of the O/N session...here is a picture...we know that evil 05.50 is up above as that was the spot they blew through On Tues too...

so looking at this chart we have that VA low and a volume node in the 02.75 - 03.50.....critical spot...below there will be 1800.25 and 97 .75....above that 05.50, we have a volume node from Tuesday and now a Time node from the O/N session so we need to be aware of 1809...above that is 1811.25 and then 14.25, 16.75 and 19.25...this On session is now trading down into the single prints from tuesday....see yesterdays stuff for that

those are the areas.....I think they may want to trade back to that 09 today but will use the lines as they are...usually we see some overnight traders get corrected in the day session so we should see some pop back up.......

on this chart the 9:30 label denotes a day session and where you see a date is an Overnight session..
Click image for original size
overnight

and here is a chart I have been experimenting with for years...no joke.....it is a 30 minute chart but it shows the VPOC's on them...it also has a volume histogram in lower pane so I can see which volume nodes had loads of volume....note the clusters and especially that 03.50 with the big volume...also note all those volume clusters at 08.50 - 09.75.....is it any wonder why the 09 is so popular in the overnight ??

Click image for original size
thirty minute
nothing on that but made up part of loss of the 08.75..trying again from 11.50...will try for 09.75...watching closely as if wrong they will flush us out fast and go for 14.25
ON single was at 11.75
have 13.50 short now...took loss at 12.75......want 11 to make me whole again
revising target to 1812...to make up second loss...I need this to stay under the VA low from yesterday....last thing I need is to see them hold above that VA low..if that happens then the 14.25 will print and the 16 - 17 area
took loss at 14.50...ouch...not having fun now...selling 16 now and will add at 17..target is 14.25 and then the VA low at 13
best fill for me is 13.25...will try to get 1812 next..
note how developing vpoc is at VA low from yesterday...so that is the battle point.....buyers want to hold that to push to 17 and the VA high and key area of 19.50 - 20.50..i want them to break it down to get yestedays lows and further..I think buyers are gonna win and runners willbe stopped....but that made up for a lot of misfires today
lvn sits at 12 and is YD low..hence my next target
I really don't like the way we have that huge buying tail and now single prints in the 11.25 - 12.25 .....cool how and old single print area got blown through...all of us who shorted it scramble and had to buy back ...just went flat at 13.75...don't like the way this is getting supported and they still haven't got the Ib range or the On range ..so thinking we may run out the highs.......only other trade idea will be to short above YD va highs if they come..ideally at the 19.50 - 20.50
on the 19.50 now..trying for 17.75.....will take 3 tries up in the 19.50 - 20.50 zone if needed and all will be small...managed to win today but it hasn't been a great day...don't want to end on a bad note if I can help it
that is correct ...I would have been looking for that if I was trading that late in the day and had a number to work off of........those singles began at 23.50 so they did dip into them but didn't fill them in.......lots of good levels setting up for tomorrow...hope u were able to take something out of that attempt to fill in those singles.....perhaps in the On session ..always keep in mind they like those 2.5 - 4 point rotations of highs and lows.....point is to always take parts off on the way...nice observation daddy wolf !!
Originally posted by daddywolf

so with 3 sets of single prints now in the day... would you be looking to revisit the last single at 1822? I think I remember you saying that it is rare to have 3 singles that at least the last one does not get tagged before end of day? price is at 1825 and back to one timing again for last 4 periods. Just wondering if this is a good trade idea...or just to stay off the train tracks as they move it on up?