ES Friday 11-14-14

YD we hit both the upper and lower 1/2 bands using both the 4pm and 4:15pm close. As a matter of fact, the high and low of the day were ~1 point away from the bands.
Today we have the 4pm and 4:15pm bands 3 points apart so I will be focusing more on the 4pm bands just because they are tighter.

Click image for original size
iv111414
sort of seems ripe for some sort of bigger day move as prices have been caught in a tight sideways closing pattern

415Closes yesterday and going backwards with C400 in the second column
Thurs....2033.50.....2036.50
Wed......2035.75.....2034.75
Tue.......2036.25.....2036.50
Mon......2034.00.....2034.25

FRI
last
week....2025.75......2028.50
Retail sales report coming in at 8:30. Sitting tight till then.
starting small shorts in 37.25 - 38.50 pre market open.....keeping it small as this is a post report trade and it could keep rallying....trying for 35 retest
Took a small short at 37 and got out at current O/N mid point of 35.5
I had 36.75 marked as a HVN and therefore I used that as the entry
PP being defended at 34.5
here's how I see it and the zones I am using...not going to trade heavy this morning....also made two additional videos about some interesting price action points we should all try to think about sometimes...me included !!
No video below? Try this link: firday.swf

additional videos for those who have time later to watch...these are basically an extension of the 405 minutes bars i was showing 6- 9 months ago.....same concept in general
No video below? Try this link: break_out_bars_part_1.swf

No video below? Try this link: breakout_bars_part_2.swf

i hope nobody takes the tone of my last two videos the wrong way......didn't mean to sound grumpy...was pressed for time and I do enjoy making them and that they are usually appreciated.....I didn't want to come across that I was doing everyone a favor by posting them....so I apologize if it sounded like I had an ego on those last two
You have been doing me a favor...love to hear your insight. Thank you for taking the time everyday. You did not sound grumpy.
Good analysis Bruce on Swing highs and Lows
Bruce i know u were asking abt what was going on with 32 that stopped the market many times...i had (and still have) the developing weekly midpoint at 32.5 (24hrd chart)...i usually look at both rth and 24hr when looking at weekly stats since many times we make a siginificant low or high in a week during o/n that skews things a bit wrt to the rth chart..here the link tot he chart fwiw

http://www.charthub.com/charts/2014/11/14/es_main_15m_141114121732