ES Employment Rpt Friday 12-5-14

is today going to be a day like yesterday?
in the overnight yesterday, price reached up was to just a few ticks shy of the prior day's RTH H and then turned immediately and dropped hard... then you know how the rest of the day went.

Now, in today's overnight, price has reached up to a price just shy of the RTH H from yesterday and it has reversed on a dime.
here's what I have...you'll have to pardon my lack of excitement.....just not feeling too many good vibes about a market that has a small range, keeps grinding up and provides little volatility...70 - 71 is magnet price for me so hoping they can open at least 1.5 points away from that zone to maybe provide some fade opportunity
No video below? Try this link: Boring.swf

I'm not sure when the ES options actually trade ( the trading times) but it looks as if the ones we sold yesterday at a credit of 90 can be bought back right now at about 24.......so the lack of movement from the unemployment report crushed the pricing.........my bigger concern is when things go wrong as per the comments by APK etc......
starting small shorts at 73.50 print...will use 71 as a first target if lucky...watching YD va high closely as a first spot of concern...
They might want to test that O/N low 2068.50
that's me done at 70.50 ...hope all have a great weekend
curious, did u retake the short as we printed 75.75 or was that your stills hort from pre marklet? thanks and great trade

Originally posted by BruceM

that's me done at 70.50 ...hope all have a great weekend
stayed in....was watching that push above the VA high though closely...usually my trade ideas are better executed in RTH so I go real small in O/N ...I manage O/N trades differently then RTH...I don't care about giving them more room ....so I was taking key shorts in RTH above value as core campaign today
good trade regardless !

Originally posted by BruceM

stayed in....was watching that push above the VA high though closely...usually my trade ideas are better executed in RTH so I go real small in O/N ...I manage O/N trades differently then RTH...I don't care about giving them more room ....so I was taking key shorts in RTH above value as core campaign today
Nice trading, Bruce.
I'm exiting my short at 2069.00.
I think my money would have to be on the O/N high if I was trading as time is building up above the POC of YD ....but hope it reverses down for ya alladin as I am not trading
lol, no stupid questions...we have all been there at one point...even Bruce !

Originally posted by ackwired

APK, I want to thank you for your kind answer to my stupid question yesterday.