ES Tuesday 12-16-2014

Today's SD bands. Good luck to everyone.
Click image for original size
iv121614
coming at heavy at YD lows and will try to get midpoint.....somebody front run S1 so us minus 4 traders got lucky
always tricky when window runs and we go almost plus and minus 4 points off open..
that was a good fill Bruce. I missed the boat right off the bat
little frustrated that i was too slow to pull the trigger today but will try to shake it off and find another area to trade at
flat at 79..no ammo and we are near VA low, single prints and a greenie from YD...so I don't know what will happen here anyway
I just go market 95 % of the time....the way I trade I have no time to think about if an order was filled or not...one minute breakout traders could have probably made money on both sides of that range today but you would have to be quick
Originally posted by NewKid

that was a good fill Bruce. I missed the boat right off the bat
i think that is smart to go market so that there is no danger of not getting a fill. will have to consider that. thanks.
notice how the one minute low was never violated once we came out of the one minute high....that isn't true for the one minute low breakdown...
my thinking is that I do not want to miss a trade because I am hoping to save a few tics on a fill price.......I work in zones so I can't pick an exact price anyway

i think that is smart to go market so that there is no danger of not getting a fill. will have to consider that. thanks.
that is precisely what happened to me today and I missed the trade for a measly 1 or 2 ticks. i guess i have to get burned a few times before learning that lesson. and now it has been a few times to time to implement!

Originally posted by BruceM

my thinking is that I do not want to miss a trade because I am hoping to save a few tics on a fill price.......I work in zones so I can't pick an exact price anyway

bringing this fwd in case it got lost in between posts...if u r still reading this Bruce an explanation of what u look at in those scenarios mentioned below would be great thanks

Originally posted by apk781

right, was thinking the same thing...trying to understand how u filter between zones that a priori are good based on market profile stuff once price reaches them...i use internals and tick but from what i see that is not sthg u use much...so would love to understand better why the pitbull was good and the 94-96 wasn't given taht price did not stop pause really at any of them

thanks

there was no pause at the -4 number this AM. do you not look for pauses in the pitbull then?