ES Friday 1-9-15

The bands for today.

Click image for original size
iv010915
My trading picture for tomorrow. Hopefully execution is better. Look out for the O/N midpoint test as well.

010915prechart
just some babble if you have time...I think Newkid nailed it !!...what we do not want to see is a down close today followed by a sell off on Monday....consecutive patterns ( two weeks in a row)like that have not been a good thing for the market...fwiw I am short small at 57.50 but the rth is a long way off and then may need to do another test up.....hope not
No video below? Try this link: firday_numbers.swf

i hope it rallies to the 60s before hitting the O/N midpt. that would be a good place to short. i did not take the trade in O/N because i am teaching myself to be patient but i think exceptions should be made on report days... like today
5 red 1-min candles to start the day....
look how they opened right at the single prints from Friday....you owed it to yourself to find some way to get short...I just covered last at my 48 greenie......that's it for me....not trading anymore.......hope all have a great weekend and be satisfied...if you took one or two good trades and made money then be satisfied and go do research or something else but don't trade !!!!
i traded just the solitary contract and got short at the weekly PP of 58. got out at midpt of 54. good trading Bruce
30-min VPOC at 51.5. scary to go long at this point but then it always is to go counter-trend.... not saying i am taking it for sure...
they went and tagged the high of the first 30-min bar from YD. pretty cool
my biggest mind fack is knowing I want to get short for that midpoint....and never figuring out exactly when to take risk on......and then watching it do exactly what we thought the high odds were. That almost gets me on tilt rest of day.... so might just do more research until I am ready to be A MAN!
Originally posted by daddywolf

my biggest mind fack is knowing I want to get short for that midpoint....and never figuring out exactly when to take risk on......and then watching it do exactly what we thought the high odds were. That almost gets me on tilt rest of day.... so might just do more research until I am ready to be A MAN!

as i had mentioned earlier, i wanted to get short in the low 60s but then i started to doubt if we would see it and got short at 58 thinking i did not want to miss the boat. obviously we tagged 61 on the open but i missed the chance to add. i have seen that i have a hard time sometimes initiating a trade, especially after a day like YD where i got burned, but then, what choice do i have?

"You miss 100% of the shots you do not take" - Wayne Gretzky

Got to remember that one!!
this is the picture i am talking about. look at the area in the red circle
tradingwitho n