ES Tuesday 1-20-15

Since the cash market was not open On Monday you would be using the same Vix values to calculate the bands from Fridays session .....although weekly Pivot numbers will be valid it is always a gray area to me whether one should look at the daily pivot numbers generated from Mondays session. I tend to look at it almost like an overnight session. There was no Overnight midpoint retest on Friday so I think better odds for a retest on Tuesday even though they did one in Mondays shortened session.

The big question for me is " Was Friday real buying or just a reaction to options expiration and people covering shorts ?".we only had elongation in part of the last 45 minutes or so and the rest of the day had loads of back and fill to it......look at your one minute charts.......I think the distribution from 1-12 will hold the key as we go forward so watch that day closely for a stopping point or a go/no go level ....

I have taken some creative liberties here and combined the inside bars on the 30 minute from Friday...see pic ....I left monday's session on the chart and you can also see the final 45 minute from Friday and how it created the "P" pattern......you can see the bells clearer and it also shows the back and forth trade I am talking about....the video goes over all the other key levels I'm watching....I still think we need to resolve some areas on the downside but will formulate a better plan once I see what happens in Monday overnight session

I may not have mentioned it on the video but below that big bell at 95 I'd also watch 89.50 - 91 if they can push that far in the next day or two

Click image for original size
inside 30

No video below? Try this link: Tuesday_zones.swf

2005 ended up being the VPOC for the day and they put a big ol greenie right there..