ES Wednesday 2-4-2015

Bands for the day. Good luck to all.

Click image for original size
iv020415
gotta always be careful when cash spx approaches it's unchanged level as our 4 pm close per futures only approximates that
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

A fan of the vids as well :-)

Ugh trading with 1pt stops is hard...Don't do it!
1 tick shy of the O/N high to the 30-min VPOC. How sweet was that!
no...u haven't stepped on my toes..so no apology needed...I just want to make sure we all give out the information in a manner that works best for everyone....if I had the time and when I can I prefer to type or post a screen shot and make the video so people can see the areas....most days I take 2 -3 stabs at making a video before I even get it somewhat close to being where I want it....LOL.....so I make loads of goof ups........I like the idea of a static chart though too as some can compare the lines with their own work and then if they dare listen to me babble later on if they want to...

so having the areas and the "why" typed out would probably be a good addition too......it's always a question of having the time....especially if it is done in the A.M pre- session open...so we are all good newkid...it's all cool with me .
Originally posted by NewKid

I would suggest you continue with the videos. I was running behind this AM so could not watch it till the end. i saw only the first minute. i usually go back and look at them later if i cannot in the morning. my apologies if i stepped on your toes
that 30 minute vpoc test has become quite reliable......I wonder what would happen if u kept that line on your screen all day ? Do they use it at other times ?? HMMM...

my 30 minute time would not have matched your 30 minute vpoc today...my time line comes in at 36.25.......it seems the 30 minute vpoc is more accurate or did I speak too soon?

1 tick shy of the O/N high to the 30-min VPOC. How sweet was that!
great stuff..
Originally posted by pants

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

A fan of the vids as well :-)

Ugh trading with 1pt stops is hard...Don't do it!
Bruce, i see that 37.25 had almost the same time TPOs as 3.25 (maybe 1 or 2 short?) but 36.25 is closer to mid-pt so you chose that i am guessing?
BTW, i am thinking if the time TPOs are really short compared to the widest but the volume was the highest, that would make it more reliable.
The reason being that the market did not have to spend a lot of time there but still managed to put the highest volume there
FWIW...it's your time Bruce and you should use it as you see fit...either way we win with what you are sharing, regardless of the format it is presented.
FWIW, 37.25 had ~30% more volume than 36.25 with almost the same time spent there.
I didn't choose it...the software just paints it...here are my 30 minute bars for today ....except the two on top left are last 30 minute bar and last 15 minute bar of yesterday......but this gets me to thinking if the first completed 30 minute bar of the day is important then maybe the last full 30 minute bar of a day is important too...the one that contains the 4 pm close........perhaps some further study is called for...and just an FYI....I didn't short today at all....I only had two longs and that was it...in general I am bullish today but can't see any reason to trade anymore.....it seems that 36 area is the continued magnet...that is of course until it isn't ...ha!.

Bruce, i see that 37.25 had almost the same time TPOs as 3.25 (maybe 1 or 2 short?) but 36.25 is closer to mid-pt so you chose that i am guessing?
BTW, i am thinking if the time TPOs are really short compared to the widest but the volume was the highest, that would make it more reliable.
The reason being that the market did not have to spend a lot of time there but still managed to put the highest volume there

Click image for original size
thirtyminute
it has been quite a battle today. i expect it to break eventually in one direction or another. sure wish i knew which!