ES Friday 2-27-15

Bands for the day. Good luck to all.
Click image for original size
iv022715
this 3 minute video may explain a few things of what I'm looking at ...remember where S1 was today too...03.50.....so u put it all into the number stew and mix it up .....
No video below? Try this link: weekly_babble.swf

runners getting stopped at 05.75 right now...that's it for me today
great trading as always Bruce. i was a little shaky today with the execution but learned again
Ok it was brought to my attention that I didn't include a link to the actual course I reviewed...so here is a link....I know I sound like a salesman now...but scroll down to "insider guide to weekly options"

http://members.simpleroptions.com/dvd-classes-homepage/

and here is how my mock account did today.......I am posting my mock account because I did an NDX trade that carter suggests but don't have enough funds in regular account to take that trade....so I need to transfer money around etc.......I'm slow at change !!
Click image for original size
totals002
and don't worry...I don't plan on posting my options stuff on these threads...or probably anywhere
and I'll tell ya this...it still hurts when you get stopped and have market come back like it is now.....but I did the right thing by exiting and we always need to be thankful...good luck for those holding for the 09 and 11 retest...I think it's coming
Bruce, this sure sounds interesting. I am still getting a hang of the index futures so do not want to attempt to learn too many things right now and confuse myself. I hope that soon I will feel secure about my futures trading so i can take a look at options!
i hear you. i scratched my trade thinking they are going to go below VAL, which in hindsight was a terrible decision because of a lot of other factors. also note that they bounced right off of the 30min VPOC, hitting your stop and continuing to go up...

Originally posted by BruceM

and I'll tell ya this...it still hurts when you get stopped and have market come back like it is now.....but I did the right thing by exiting and we always need to be thankful...good luck for those holding for the 09 and 11 retest...I think it's coming

oh yeah...ya gotta walk before ya run.....I've been researching options for years but at a snails pace.....the thing that I find so great about the options is that it is all based on statistics and probabilities......it sure doesn't mean that the trades will all work but it it is quite different then the discretion I use in my day trading.....but I think you are doing the right thing..........stay the course u r on ..........I'm hoping to have a portfolio of short term and long term options......so I'm looking at longer time frame ideas too like iron condors and all that other cool stuff....the TOS software is really cool too but I'm gonna keep my IB account for my ES trades.....
Originally posted by NewKid

Bruce, this sure sounds interesting. I am still getting a hang of the index futures so do not want to attempt to learn too many things right now and confuse myself. I hope that soon I will feel secure about my futures trading so i can take a look at options!